Collectors Weekly Senior Editor Ben Marks went on TV yesterday… to talk about San Francisco Giants memorabilia for local ABC affiliate KGO (click here to watch the four-minute video). As usual, Ben was both informative and entertaining… he’s a diehard SF Giants fan and it really came across. After showing off a couple great vintage Giants items, Ben delivered the punchline: Don’t collect baseball memorabilia for the money, do it for the fun and memories! Click the image below to watch Ben in action.
November 3rd, 2010
- Mid-Century Modern Furniture, from Marshmallow Sofas to Hans Wegner Chairs
- Say Ahhh: An Oral Surgeon's Quest to Reimagine the Garage-Band Guitar
- There Goes the Neighborhood: Mobile Victorian House Sets Sail for Desert
- High-End Jewels Reveal a Tale of Secret Love
- The Secrets of Collecting Baseball, From Cards to Signed Bats and Balls
Top Articles on CW
- Female Spies and Gender-Bending Soldiers Changed the Course of the Civil War
- Someday, Robots May Save or Destroy Us All—For Now, They're Still Kinda Dumb
- From Retail Palace to Zombie Mall: How Efficiency Killed the Department Store
- Let There Be Light Bulbs: How Incandescents Became the Icons of Innovation
- Drunk History: The Rise, Fall, and Revival of All-American Whiskey
- Unboxing Modernism: How the Russian Revolution Spurred Mid-Century Design
- Anita Pointer: Civil-Rights Activist, Pop Star, and Serious Collector of Black Memorabilia
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- The Killer Mobile Device for Victorian Women
- Could an Old-School Tube Amp Make the Music You Love Sound Better?