The cookie jar appears to be a piece of Shawnee Pottery, which made lots of pig-shaped cookie jars, and even more than one version of Winnie the Pig. As for the Nuclear Weapons Warning Sign, we’re happy to take michaeltibbsjr at his word regarding the story he tells about that. Welcome to CollectorsWeekly.com!
November 17th, 2010
- Bloodletting, Bone Brushes, and Tooth Keys: White-Knuckle Adventures in Early Dentistry
- Decoding Secret Societies: What Are All Those Old Boys' Clubs Hiding?
- Hawaiian Style: The Roots of the Aloha Shirt
- Don’t Give Them Plastic: 40 Vintage Gift Ideas For People Who Are Sick of Crap
- Welcome to the Retro-Futuristic World of Laurent Durieux
Top Articles on CW
- Fun With Guns: The Art of the Arcade Target
- Why the 'Native' Fashion Trend Is Pissing Off Real Native Americans
- Making, and Eating, the 1950s' Most Nauseating Jell-O Soaked Recipes
- The 12 All-Time Ugliest Christmas Sweaters
- The Struggle in Black and White: Activist Photographers Who Fought for Civil Rights
- Skateboard Art Helps Kids in Small Texas Town Find Their Inner Weird
- Manning Up: How 'Mantiques' Make It Cool for Average Joes to Shop and Decorate
- World's Foremost Bedpan Collector Celebrates Objects Most People Pooh-Pooh
- Should You Feel Guilty About Wearing Vintage Fur?
- Circling the Globe With the Mid-20th Century's Most Brilliant Matchbox Art