The cookie jar appears to be a piece of Shawnee Pottery, which made lots of pig-shaped cookie jars, and even more than one version of Winnie the Pig. As for the Nuclear Weapons Warning Sign, we’re happy to take michaeltibbsjr at his word regarding the story he tells about that. Welcome to CollectorsWeekly.com!
November 17th, 2010
Top Articles on CW
- When Postcards Made Every Town Seem Glamorous, From Asbury Park to Zanesville
- Va-Va-Voom Vintage: Dita Von Teese on Burlesque, Cars, and Lingerie
- What America Can Learn From Berlin's Struggle to Face Its Violent Past
- Tiki Hangover: Unearthing the False Idols of America's South Seas Fantasy
- Caftan Liberation: How an Ancient Fashion Set Modern Women Free
- There Goes the Neighborhood: Mobile Victorian House Sets Sail for Desert
- Why Americans Love Guns
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- Naughty Nuns, Flatulent Monks, and Other Surprises of Sacred Medieval Manuscripts
- Why Nerdy White Guys Who Love the Blues Are Obsessed With a Wisconsin Chair Factory