The cookie jar appears to be a piece of Shawnee Pottery, which made lots of pig-shaped cookie jars, and even more than one version of Winnie the Pig. As for the Nuclear Weapons Warning Sign, we’re happy to take michaeltibbsjr at his word regarding the story he tells about that. Welcome to CollectorsWeekly.com!
November 17th, 2010
Top Articles on CW
- Subversive Sounds: The Straight Men Who Made America's First Gay Record
- That Old-Time Hucksterism: The Oddest Doohickeys of Industrial-Age Entrepreneurs
- Mechanical Movements of the Cold War: How the Soviets Revolutionized Wristwatches
- Before Rockwell, a Gay Artist Defined the Perfect American Male
- Singing the Lesbian Blues in 1920s Harlem
- A Wonderful Life: How Postwar Christmas Embraced Spaceships, Nukes, Cellophane
- Black Panther Women: The Unsung Activists Who Fed and Fought for Their Community
- Driven to Drink: How 1930s Booze Labels Helped Americans Forget Their Troubles
- Behind the Scenes With Janis Joplin and Big Brother, Rehearsing for the Summer of Love
- The Death of Flair: As Friday's Goes Minimalist, What Happens to the Antiques?