The cookie jar appears to be a piece of Shawnee Pottery, which made lots of pig-shaped cookie jars, and even more than one version of Winnie the Pig. As for the Nuclear Weapons Warning Sign, we’re happy to take michaeltibbsjr at his word regarding the story he tells about that. Welcome to CollectorsWeekly.com!
November 17th, 2010
Top Articles on CW
- All-Night French Fries with T-Rex: Seattle's Trippiest Rock-Poster Artist Tells All
- Retail Therapy: What Mannequins Say About Us
- Railway Paradise: How a Fine-Dining Empire Made the Southwest Palatable to Outsiders
- Why the 'Native' Fashion Trend Is Pissing Off Real Native Americans
- Formula for Beauty: The Geo-Chemistry Behind Rookwood Pottery
- Māori Modernism: The New Zealand Artist Who Put the Islands' Native People First
- Walt Whitman—Patriotic Poet, Gay Iconoclast, or Shrewd Marketing Ploy?
- The Hippie Daredevils Who Were Just Crazy Enough to Invent Mountain Biking
- Before Rockwell, a Gay Artist Defined the Perfect American Male
- If You're Too Young to Remember the Magic of Tower Records, Here's What You Missed