The cookie jar appears to be a piece of Shawnee Pottery, which made lots of pig-shaped cookie jars, and even more than one version of Winnie the Pig. As for the Nuclear Weapons Warning Sign, we’re happy to take michaeltibbsjr at his word regarding the story he tells about that. Welcome to CollectorsWeekly.com!
November 17th, 2010
Top Articles on CW
- Making, and Eating, the 1950s' Most Nauseating Jell-O Soaked Recipes
- Why Are America's Most Innovative Companies Still Stuck in 1950s Suburbia?
- If You're Too Young to Remember the Magic of Tower Records, Here's What You Missed
- Goat Rituals and Tree-Trunk Gravestones: The Peculiar History of Life Insurance
- Before Mondrian, Native American Women Painted Abstract Art on Saddlebags
- Read My Rings: The Oldest Living Tree Tells All
- From Retail Palace to Zombie Mall: How Efficiency Killed the Department Store
- Go Canada! When Gorgeous Graphic Design Lured the World to the Great White North
- Visiting Scarfolk, the Most Spectacular Dystopia of the 1970s
- The Mystery of the Phantom Page Turner