The cookie jar appears to be a piece of Shawnee Pottery, which made lots of pig-shaped cookie jars, and even more than one version of Winnie the Pig. As for the Nuclear Weapons Warning Sign, we’re happy to take michaeltibbsjr at his word regarding the story he tells about that. Welcome to CollectorsWeekly.com!
November 17th, 2010
- Will John Lennon’s "Paperback Writer" Guitar Be a Million-Dollar Seller?
- What's Behind the Widespread Obsession With Rock-Concert Screenprints
- This 1959 Goggomobil Is Insanely Cute and Gets 55 MPG. Why Can’t Detroit Do That?
- Vintage Christmas Ornaments, From Cardboard Dresdens to Silvered Kugels
- 'Roadshow' Appraiser Shares How She Assesses Turn-of-the-Century Jewelry
Top Articles on CW
- At the First Rock Festival, Pianos Fell From the Sky
- The Killer Mobile Device for Victorian Women
- Don't Call Them Bums: The Unsung History of America's Hard-Working Hoboes
- The Dead Files: Rock Art, Artifacts, and Psychedelic Office Supplies Up for Grabs
- How a Colorado Family Built a Home for the World's Weirdest, Most Beautiful Bugs
- Murder Machines: Why Cars Will Kill 30,000 Americans This Year
- When Rock 'n' Roll Loomed Large Over the Sunset Strip
- Sex and Suffering: The Tragic Life of the Courtesan in Japan's Floating World
- A Filthy History: When New Yorkers Lived Knee-Deep in Trash
- From Rubble to Riches: The World's Fair That Raised San Francisco From the Ashes