The cookie jar appears to be a piece of Shawnee Pottery, which made lots of pig-shaped cookie jars, and even more than one version of Winnie the Pig. As for the Nuclear Weapons Warning Sign, we’re happy to take michaeltibbsjr at his word regarding the story he tells about that. Welcome to CollectorsWeekly.com!
November 17th, 2010
Top Articles on CW
- Female Spies and Gender-Bending Soldiers Changed the Course of the Civil War
- Someday, Robots May Save or Destroy Us All—For Now, They're Still Kinda Dumb
- From Retail Palace to Zombie Mall: How Efficiency Killed the Department Store
- Let There Be Light Bulbs: How Incandescents Became the Icons of Innovation
- Drunk History: The Rise, Fall, and Revival of All-American Whiskey
- Unboxing Modernism: How the Russian Revolution Spurred Mid-Century Design
- Anita Pointer: Civil-Rights Activist, Pop Star, and Serious Collector of Black Memorabilia
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- The Killer Mobile Device for Victorian Women
- Could an Old-School Tube Amp Make the Music You Love Sound Better?