The cookie jar appears to be a piece of Shawnee Pottery, which made lots of pig-shaped cookie jars, and even more than one version of Winnie the Pig. As for the Nuclear Weapons Warning Sign, we’re happy to take michaeltibbsjr at his word regarding the story he tells about that. Welcome to CollectorsWeekly.com!
November 17th, 2010
Top Articles on CW
- 'The Great Gatsby' Still Gets Flappers Wrong
- Say Ahhh: An Oral Surgeon's Quest to Reimagine the Garage-Band Guitar
- How Collecting Opium Antiques Turned Me Into an Opium Addict
- Gloriously Grotesque 19th-Century Pipes
- Blood, Sweat, and Steel: My Afternoon with the Ace of Swords
- Jockeying for Position: How Boxers and Briefs Got Into Men's Pants
- Everything You Know About Corsets Is False
- Va-Va-Voom Vintage: Dita Von Teese on Burlesque, Cars, and Lingerie
- In the Hot Seat: Is Your Antique Windsor a Fake?
- Forget TV Pickers, Meet the Real Mavericks of the Antiques World