Sterling Silver Ring with Marcasite

In Fine Jewelry > Fine Jewelry Rings > Show & Tell.
Fine Jewelry Rings114 of 335Dublin 1979 silver buckle ringSterling Silver & Labradorite - Women's Ring

valentino97valentino97 loves this.
nldionnenldionne loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

freiheit

I purchased this ring for around $5 even though one of the marcasite was missing. I liked the ring so much and thought I can replace the missing stone with one from an old piece of jewelry I have. Was I ever wrong! The photos don't do the ring justice: The stones sparkle like diamonds when the light is right! The other stone would not do the job at all. I guess I have to find a different solution the solve the issue of the missing stone.
The ring is marked 925 and has two other marks as well but they are too small for me to read.

Thanks for looking:)

Comments

1. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    Hey just letting you know we do this all the time at the store...we work with Antiques and its not that hard....to find a marcasite to put in the ring.
    Lee
  2. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Thanks a lot, Moonstonelover21. I think one of those days I will have to plan a vacation in your neck of the woods and bring all of my broken pieces with me. And I am not kidding. Just talk to any other Canadian and they will tell you that postage and repair costs and arm and a leg here!
  3. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Thanks a lot, nldionne, DrFluffy, SEAN68, bratjdd, and Moonstonelover21:)

Does anyone have an idea about the time period of this ring? I was guessing 1920-1940's?
  4. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    Nice antique ring, could also be a little older, beginning 20s perhaps. Is the problem to find a marcasite from the same seize or from the same color? Some a a bit more yellow is my experience.
  5. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Thanks Agram.m:) The problem is not the size but the brilliance of the finishing. The ones I have and could use for the repair are not half a shiny as the ones in the ring. I guess I have to keep looking.
  6. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago