Potentially Good Scarab Ring Sterling Silver Lapis Turquoise Egyptian Revival

In Costume Jewelry > Egyptian Revival Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Egyptian Revival Jewelry7 of 30Art deco Egyptian ringENAMEL BRASS 1920'S NECKLACE

sarahoffsarahoff loves this.
Woman34Woman34 loves this.
freiheitfreiheit loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
Agram.mAgram.m loves this.
BHock45BHock45 loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
NewtimesNewtimes loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.

Posted 8 months ago

Stillwater

We've had this ring for years and could never figure out the mark. We kept it because it was part of the biggest jewelry score my mother ever made, a suitcase full of Charles Loloma, Preston Monongye, Eveli Sabati, all the best names in Native American jewelry. There are several pieces from that suitcases that were published in books and are in museums.

The lady who owned it was the heir to the Sparklets water company, and apparently had a taste for NA jewelry. Anyway, she married one of our gold-digging neighbors who got this big piece of luggage full of jewelry after she died, which my mother then purchased. I remember her shaking as we were going through it an seeing Loloma, Monongye, Sabati, etc. Just every desirable, valuable name in NA jewelry.

Anyway, we always kept it because of where it came from, but I know jewelry is hard to identify. I especially like the turquoise "inner beauty" "Eye of Rah" on the underside. Definitely going to stay in the family. Does it look familiar to anyone? KH maybe?

Comments

1. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 8 months ago
    What an amazing story and gorgeous ring. I absolutely love this ring.
    I am very new to NA jewelry, so please forgive me for pointing out something basic. Here is the website I go to for NA signatures.
  2. Stillwater Stillwater, 8 months ago
    I actually don't think its a native American piece, it think its some kind of big-shot high-end designer. The suitcase wasn't 100% NA jewelry, there were some other non-NAj designer pieces

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me though Dr. Fluffy, that was very nice of you :) I will try to help you anytime I can
  3. Newtimes Newtimes, 8 months ago
    I dont know, but couldn't it be the ring is a really nice tourist piece from Egypt?
  4. Stillwater Stillwater, 8 months ago
    All that aside, if it didn't have that really well-done hallmark and the opposite tapered/slanted shank, I'd agree with you
  5. Newtimes Newtimes, 8 months ago
    I didnt see it was turquoise in the back. Thats really unusual. What a great story! I hope you find out more about the ring.
  6. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 8 months ago
    Stillwater... I am always looking at jewelry marks. I will keep this in mind. And thanks for offering to help... You always do.
  7. BHock45 BHock45, 8 months ago
    Stillwater, I am shaking just reading this story. I can't imagine what it must have been like going through that suitcase. You def. have the best and most unique eye, and your posts, like this one, inspire me. What a great story. THanks for taking the time to help me in the past too. Love the ring too!
  8. Stillwater Stillwater, 8 months ago
    Well thanks BHock, that's very nice of you :)