A Few of the Girls that were in the Follies with mine in NYC

In Womens Clothing > Show & Tell and Advertising > Show & Tell.
Womens Clothing40 of 2641940's Bridal store display mannequin 15 inches tall Found some really cool sweater dresses from the 60's.

austrohungaroaustrohungaro loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
czechmanczechman loves this.
gargoylecollectorgargoylecollector loves this.

Posted 11 months ago

Manikin

1940's mannequins for display in window at NYC Follies window this year . The range from 30 inches tall to 20" . They are back at work again ,waiting for their feather hats yet . Also shows display being built and how big it was .These minature mannequins we used to display clothes during WWII on store counters . They have been given a new purpose and dressed professionally . Mine was there also in all her feathers :-)

Comments

1. AmberRose AmberRose, 11 months ago
    Fabulous!
  2. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 11 months ago
    Stunning my friend!!!
  3. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 11 months ago
    The display seems to be the highest pinnacle of fame for these mannequins. Would love to see that display !~
  4. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 11 months ago
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE This... What a great post.
  5. Manikin Manikin, 11 months ago
    I added the man building the large display to photo's
    Thank you Phil ! and fluffy,amber and moon :-)
  6. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 11 months ago
    Must have been a really big display, looks at least 10-15 feet high.
  7. Manikin Manikin, 11 months ago
    @ Phil . I think taller than that if you add the large border . it also shows him hand applying gold gilt to each frame in stage . Thank you for the love :-) xo
  8. Manikin Manikin, 11 months ago
    Thank you Leah,fluffy,moon,and amber ! Much appreciated :-) ! xo
  9. inky inky, 11 months ago
    Manikin...so!..so!..sooooo!!!!..beautiful!...:-)
  10. Manikin Manikin, 11 months ago
    Thank you so much inky :-) I am glad you enjoyed this post xoxo
  11. toolate2 toolate2, 11 months ago
    Wow! Amazing stuff... How many do you have?
  12. Manikin Manikin, 11 months ago
    Thank you toolate ! Over the years maybe 100 I would guess of all sizes and many doubles :-) I appreciate seeing you and thanks again for glowing comment :-)
  13. Manikin Manikin, 11 months ago
    Thank you gargoyle ,czechman ,ttom,nldionne,amber ,moon, and fluffy:-) I truly appreciate the love on this post :-)
  14. pickrknows pickrknows, 11 months ago
    What a spectacle this display was! You must be very proud to have been na contributor to this spectacle! Very cool !
  15. Manikin Manikin, 11 months ago
    Thank you pickr ! It was exciting to see it tranform and they did awesome job dressing them . I was proud to have a girl in there :-)
  16. Manikin Manikin, 11 months ago
    Thank you vansky ! Always glad to see you and many thanks for stopping and putting a love on this post :-))
  17. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 11 months ago
    Manikin I didn't know you did store fronts. Years ago I had an Uncle who lived in Albany, NY and he traveled to NYC and Buffalo doing store front displays. That was from the 1950's to late 60's or early 70's. I always thought it was odd that he ran around dressing up dummies and got paid for it. Looking back, he was the first to own his own home and car. I guess the money must have been OK. His name was Don Thibadeau (spelling may be off). Maybe you will see his name. He died a very early death from all the running around and stress.
  18. Hunter Hunter, 11 months ago
    beautiful! was this for a store or museum display or what?
  19. Manikin Manikin, 11 months ago
    Hi Hunter , It was a store front in NYC here is link . My manikin was rescued from a barn restored and they got her and redressed for window display
    Here is link :-))
  20. Manikin Manikin, 11 months ago
    Hunter this is video of them making it
  21. Hunter Hunter, 11 months ago
    Amazing - thanks for the links! Bergdorf's windows are world renowned - so glad your ladies got to strut their stuff in them. :)
  22. Manikin Manikin, 11 months ago
    Thank you Hunter and yes their window's are amazing !!!! An Attorney gathered the dolls for them . I still have his post to me :-)
  23. Manikin Manikin, 11 months ago
    Thank you fhrjr2 and what a great story . I decorated store window's as a teen but did not do this one . When I was in HS I worked at a shoe store and loved to do the window's . I still remember the first go go boots and all the guys wore same high top black shoes's . Many thanks for stopping and sharing your story I love hearing them :-) Have a great day and hope to see you soon .
  24. Manikin Manikin, 11 months ago
    Thank you valentino97 :-))))))))) I appreciate you stopping to put love on this post .
  25. Manikin Manikin, 10 months ago
    Thank you aldo78 and moon :-) Much appreciated !**
  26. Manikin Manikin, 10 months ago
    Thank you very much BHock45 ! I appreciate you stopping and come again :-)
  27. SEAN68 SEAN68, 10 months ago
    stunning darling :) beautiful:)
  28. Manikin Manikin, 10 months ago
    Thank you Bro and sean :-)))))) Much appreciated . xoxo
  29. walksoftly walksoftly, 10 months ago
    It must have been so exciting to know where you manikin was going & then to see the the finished display. It would have been a site to behold in person.
    Love it!
  30. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 10 months ago
    That massive" gold frame " in the second picture is probably at least 110 inches, cannot remember the exact size, but a person standing beside it is made to look quite small !!~
  31. Manikin Manikin, 10 months ago
    Mine is in the window with back with swans and a sunburst on right Phil. Figuring each one was 22 inches to 30 inchs tall and add the outside frame wow I would love to have seen it in person .
  32. Manikin Manikin, 8 months ago
    Thank you anastasianikol and vntgclothing :-) much appreciated
  33. Manikin Manikin, 8 months ago
    Thanks austrohungaro ! I am always glad to see you and you might add to the Klumpe-Roldan doll I just Id'd a new post :-)