Antique Gold Necklace Pendant with Black Inlay

In Fine Jewelry > Victorian and Edwardian Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Victorian and Edwardian Jewelry102 of 434Victorian crescent moon appliquéThe Complete Costume History - Volständige Kostümgeschichte ? Le Costume Historique.

Agram.mAgram.m loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
freiheitfreiheit loves this.
NewtimesNewtimes loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.

Posted 12 months ago

StephGlass

The pendant part of this necklace measures just over 2 1/2" and is attached to a very delicate gold chain. I'm guessing it is gold because it is so light. The only mark I can find on it I've enlarged in one of the photos. I fell in love with this in an antique store. Would love to know more about it! Thank you in advance for any help/information.

Comments

1. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 12 months ago
    This is stunning. I love everything about it.
    Welcome to CW... I am excited to see more of your jewelry.
  2. StephGlass StephGlass, 12 months ago
    Thank you so much, DrFluffy. I am looking forward to collecting more pieces! I am hoping one day to stumble upon a fine micro mosaic scarab like some I've seen on here! :) Have a great day!
  3. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 12 months ago
    I know, as collectors we are always looking for the next fabulous... I specially love it when they are acquired at a good deal... Check out my charm bracelet I got for $2 at a garage sale... I am wearing it right now and am going to drive my coworkers crazy all day with the jingle... Heehee :)
  4. Agram.m Agram.m, 12 months ago
    Very nice, I have never seen such a mark I'm afraid.
  5. StephGlass StephGlass, 12 months ago
    Does anyone recognize the hallmark in picture #3? I've searched for hours and hours and cannot find what it means. Any insight would be much appreciated!
  6. davyd286, 12 months ago
    It looks to me like Victorian Revival from 1940s.
  7. StephGlass StephGlass, 12 months ago
    Thank you so much for your input, davyd286. I'm trying to learn; could you please explain what about it makes you think it could be Victorian Revival? Thanks again!
  8. davyd286, 11 months ago
    The style, the composition and proportions, and the type of chain used don't look Victorian to me.
  9. sarahoff sarahoff, 11 months ago
    The black enamel detail looks similar to Victorian mourning jewelry.