Antique Gold Necklace Pendant with Black Inlay

In Fine Jewelry > Victorian and Edwardian Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Victorian and Edwardian Jewelry115 of 447Victorian crescent moon appliquéThe Complete Costume History - Volständige Kostümgeschichte ? Le Costume Historique.

Agram.mAgram.m loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
freiheitfreiheit loves this.
NewtimesNewtimes loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

StephGlass

The pendant part of this necklace measures just over 2 1/2" and is attached to a very delicate gold chain. I'm guessing it is gold because it is so light. The only mark I can find on it I've enlarged in one of the photos. I fell in love with this in an antique store. Would love to know more about it! Thank you in advance for any help/information.

Comments

1. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    This is stunning. I love everything about it.
    Welcome to CW... I am excited to see more of your jewelry.
  2. StephGlass StephGlass, 1 year ago
    Thank you so much, DrFluffy. I am looking forward to collecting more pieces! I am hoping one day to stumble upon a fine micro mosaic scarab like some I've seen on here! :) Have a great day!
  3. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    I know, as collectors we are always looking for the next fabulous... I specially love it when they are acquired at a good deal... Check out my charm bracelet I got for $2 at a garage sale... I am wearing it right now and am going to drive my coworkers crazy all day with the jingle... Heehee :)
  4. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    Very nice, I have never seen such a mark I'm afraid.
  5. StephGlass StephGlass, 1 year ago
    Does anyone recognize the hallmark in picture #3? I've searched for hours and hours and cannot find what it means. Any insight would be much appreciated!
  6. davyd286, 1 year ago
    It looks to me like Victorian Revival from 1940s.
  7. StephGlass StephGlass, 1 year ago
    Thank you so much for your input, davyd286. I'm trying to learn; could you please explain what about it makes you think it could be Victorian Revival? Thanks again!
  8. davyd286, 1 year ago
    The style, the composition and proportions, and the type of chain used don't look Victorian to me.
  9. sarahoff sarahoff, 1 year ago
    The black enamel detail looks similar to Victorian mourning jewelry.