Bakelite or other plastic hoop earrings 1960s

In Costume Jewelry > Bakelite Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Bakelite Costume Jewelry61 of 117Bakelite hoop clip earringsBakelite Ivorine Necklace made from utensil handles

aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
Betty1978Betty1978 loves this.
mackay1stmackay1st loves this.
NewtimesNewtimes loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker likes this.

Posted 12 months ago

valentino97

Wonderful 2" green clip hoops from a junkstore in Stillwater, MN. Almost didn't buy them because of their size but the price was so good - I went back. Are they from 1960's? They test bakelite w/simichrome and rub-smell. Newtimes shared info regarding Etsy dealer who can buff to original colors. I think these were at least an aqua blue because I see some hints of those colors on side of earclip.

Comments

1. valentino97 valentino97, 12 months ago
    thank you ttomtucker for your like.
  2. valentino97 valentino97, 12 months ago
    Thank you Phil for love - neat looking bridge isn't it???
  3. Newtimes Newtimes, 12 months ago
    Great earrings and very nice bridge! I cant see the colors very well because my computer screen sucks. What is wrong with their size? They look just fine.
  4. valentino97 valentino97, 12 months ago
    Thanks - the center part of the bridge moves up and down to let large ships thru. Impressive to see. The hoops are pretty big for me at 2" but they are great and I'm glad I bought them.
  5. valentino97 valentino97, 12 months ago
    Thanks and good morning to you Nadia and mikelv85.
  6. valentino97 valentino97, 12 months ago
    Thanks Kevin!
  7. valentino97 valentino97, 12 months ago
    Thank you Sean and LeahGoodwin.
  8. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 12 months ago
    Hey Val... Miss you... Where have you been? I gotta start posting some jewelry soon...
  9. valentino97 valentino97, 12 months ago
    Hi my friend. My car was stolen 9/9 and that took a lot of my energy this month. It was never found but at least my insurance company closed the claim Friday. Oh it is stressful not being in control. Yesterday I bought a car - and I feel back in the swing of things. I have some more jewelry to post. LOVE your uranium pieces - just amazing! The color. Your photos are great!
  10. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 12 months ago
    What a terrible ordeal to go thru. Hopefully you didn't have a box full of jewels in your car. Glad you are back in the swing of things. Missed you on CW.
    Thanks for the lovely comment on the uranium pieces. I always wanted to know what they look like with black light, but never made an effort to buy the light. and as far as the picture... My daughter had more patience with the camera and she showed me the settings to capture the photos in the dark... I will be totally lost without her when she goes off to college (but luckily I got a few years)...
  11. valentino97 valentino97, 12 months ago
    No - just bra posters and some work papers...and the normal old-car maintenance stuff in the trunk thankfully! When I was in Stillwater above one antique mall had been a 1920's menswear store originally, it still had small fit rooms. They put a display of uranium glass in one of those rooms w/a blacklight. It looked very dramatic. I'm a retail merchandiser so I LOVE displays. Good job - your daughter taught you well!