Found in the attic

In Posters and Prints > Prints > Show & Tell and Photographs > Show & Tell.
Prints169 of 755Wilfred Bailey Print from thrift store $5.00  I think 1800-1900? MallardsKarl Witkowski copyright 1907 print

catteanncatteann loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
pops52pops52 loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Merrylou

These were found in my grandparents attic one is I think a photograph in seapatone of a church/cathedral? Would love to know where its from and if it still exists? And is it an original photo that was taken. It is in its original frame. It is very large, It's so cool!

The other is a water color painting signed Picasso measures @ 30x40
I have no clue of their age or authentic ness. The church/cathedral is breathtaking you get the feeling like you've walked those streets.
Ive had them for 40 years, so I really don't know how old they are.
I am not an antique collector I just have a small collection of some unique things that surfaced again from some spring cleaning.

Comments

1. Merrylou, 1 year ago
    It's amazing what surfaces again from spring cleaning. Lol
  2. vetraio50 vetraio50, 1 year ago
    Looks like the Duomo in Milano to me.

Someone Italian in the family?
  3. vetraio50 vetraio50, 1 year ago
    Picasso - Mère et enfant or Maternité?
    A few were done very similar.
  4. Merrylou, 1 year ago
    Yes family Italian&French There are saints on every steeple.
    The painting is in like brown drawing and only the child has a watercolor light blue shirt.
  5. vetraio50 vetraio50, 1 year ago
    I like Henry James' description of the Duomo: “A structure not supremely interesting, not logical, not … commandingly beautiful, but grandly curious and superbly rich. … If it had no other distinction it would still have that of impressive, immeasurable achievement … a supreme embodiment of vigorous effort.”