Kelvinator Ice Chest

In Coca-Cola > Coca Cola Coolers > Show & Tell and Coca-Cola > Coca Cola Machines > Show & Tell.
Coca Cola Coolers49 of 2661938 Coca-Cola Cooler50s all original coca cola hinged cooler

farmladyfarmlady loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
crswernercrswerner loves this.
EJW-54EJW-54 loves this.
SignaholicSignaholic loves this.
pickrknowspickrknows loves this.
fifties50sfifties50s loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.

Posted 11 months ago

StevDeb

Hi all. Just wanted to post some pics the finished Kelvinator ice chest I posted some months ago. Well long summer but she is finally done. I think she turned out well. No way to get her right back to original but sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do.
Thanks to all who helped out on this one. Oh , and she holds 70 beers withe 5 bags of ice ;-)
Cheers

Comments

1. SEAN68 SEAN68, 11 months ago
    very nice:)
  2. StevDeb StevDeb, 11 months ago
    Thanks Sean . Lots of work but lots of fun !
  3. SEAN68 SEAN68, 11 months ago
    your very welcome StevDeb:) I bet it was lots of fun:)
  4. Daddy_Nobucks Daddy_Nobucks, 11 months ago
    Turned out great. I'm curious about that medallion. Were you able to confirm design and restore to something approaching original look?
  5. StevDeb StevDeb, 11 months ago
    Thanks Daddy_Nobucks. We kept the search up during the process but still never found out what that emboss on the lower front of the chest was for. Or have we found another chest that matches it . So we decided to go ahead and just paint it the same colour as the logo. The medallion in the center of it is just a metal coca cola button. It's a repo but I think it looks good. It kinda gave purpose to the emboss.
    I still look around in the belly of the web hoping to find a pic of another one the same, so you just never know, today could be the day ;-)
    Thanks for the comments !
  6. Daddy_Nobucks Daddy_Nobucks, 11 months ago
    Well, it looks fantastic, wonderful job!
  7. StevDeb StevDeb, 11 months ago
    Thanks :-)
  8. Signaholic Signaholic, 11 months ago
    Well done indeed!
  9. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 11 months ago
    Real beauty here.
  10. StevDeb StevDeb, 11 months ago
    She defiantly stands out in a room :-)
  11. DaveSierra DaveSierra, 7 months ago
    This looks similar to the Canadian Kelvinator FE-S 52 don't you think?
    not the same but maybe this is a US version.
    Its a great looking cooler! Great work!
  12. StevDeb StevDeb, 7 months ago
    Hey DaveSierra, thanks for the input. Yes she does look like the FE-52. They are defiantly related. We found a restorer that had a couple FE's and went for a look early in the restoration but the Fe is a much larger machine and they are run with a compressor. This one has no signs of ever being run with anything but ice. The tub is origonal and has no signs inside or out of ever having the cooling lines that would have to run through it to run with a compressor. Still a mystery. But hey that makes it more interesting :-)
    Thanks for the comments, she is a looker, and was a blast to play with.
    Cheers Dave !
  13. DaveSierra DaveSierra, 7 months ago
    Sure thing SteveDeb!
    I found your machine in a search for an art deco looking Coke cooler. I made a trip to buy a Coke sign base yesterday and the guy showed me more of his collection. Amongst which was an FE 52! Neither of us had ever seen anything like it before so I was doing research to make the ID. It probably is the coolest Coke item I have ever seen.....so far!!

14. StevDeb StevDeb, 7 months ago
    Hey Dave
    Ya the FE 52s have a real cool look to them.
    If its deco your looking for that deffinatly screams it.
    Was the one you saw in good condition ?
    I mentioned I found a guy that had two for sale
    But they were in real rough shape. But hey, if your into
    a project and you live around the Niagera falls area I could
    give you the guys email. He's a restorer himself.
    Let me know buddy.