Auguste Moreau, Bronze Sculpture "Secret"

In Figurines > Show & Tell.
Figurines639 of 938laurel & hardy head shoulder statuePretty Norcrest China Lady Figurine

ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
VintagefranVintagefran loves this.
DeanteaksDeanteaks loves this.
aldo78aldo78 loves this.
toolate2toolate2 loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.

Posted 11 months ago

Wheels12
(1 item)

I'm sorry that I'm only allowed to post 4 pictures. There are many-many Auguste Moreau Bronze Sculpture out there, One is called "Secret". If you know the work that's involved in making bronze sculpture art and know how they age along with a little research and common sense, then you might know what I have. This sculpture might not look as pretty as some of the other "Secrets" out there, but you will Never come across another one like this one. It is very RARE - Tell me your thoughts.
Thanks

Comments

1. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 11 months ago
    I know but not everything & wondered how.
  2. Wheels12, 11 months ago
    blunderbuss2 - Please tell me what you know. See I don't know everything and it's nice to know that I'm on the right track. Thanks
  3. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 11 months ago
    I don't know Wheels. Not my field. Sorry.
  4. SEAN68 SEAN68, 11 months ago
    stunning:)
  5. pickrknows pickrknows, 11 months ago
    Any foundry marks or artist marks?
  6. Wheels12, 11 months ago
    pickrknows - There are NO foundry marks or artist marks, but ALL research points to Auguste Moreau and his sculpture "Secret". This sculpture is in the condition of a "Rough Draft". What I mean is this could had been the building block Model to the finish Work of Art. I can see lots of Hot Weld Balls, sanding and file marks, mistakes & repairs, welded features that where added to the children - like belts, wings, other welded parts. What I really need to find are his personal steps to creating his bronze work.
  7. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 11 months ago
    This is definitely not by Moreau, and not in this material. My friend had one and offered it to me quite cheap. It is made of resin and a newer piece that molds rather well, although most of the ones that I have seen have poorly molded hands for some reason. Some are webbed almost and/or flattened fingers. It is a nice piece just for decoration but not something Moreau collectors would want. I have had around 8 Moreau sculptures but would not want this for my collection. This was probably done in the mid to later 1990's !
  8. Wheels12, 11 months ago
    Thanks for your comments. I know everyone has the right to there own opinion, but sorry to say - you are wrong.
  9. kyratango kyratango, 14 days ago
    Why a "rough draft" would have been patinated to look like a finished bronze, uh???