Auguste Moreau, Bronze Sculpture "Secret"

In Visual Art > Sculpture > Show & Tell.
Sculpture49 of 103California Originals Biomorphic Dish and Haeger ? Sculpture / Circa 1960Interesting / funny garden sculpture by Susannah Israel

ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
VintagefranVintagefran loves this.
DeanteaksDeanteaks loves this.
aldo78aldo78 loves this.
toolate2toolate2 loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Wheels12
(1 item)

I'm sorry that I'm only allowed to post 4 pictures. There are many-many Auguste Moreau Bronze Sculpture out there, One is called "Secret". If you know the work that's involved in making bronze sculpture art and know how they age along with a little research and common sense, then you might know what I have. This sculpture might not look as pretty as some of the other "Secrets" out there, but you will Never come across another one like this one. It is very RARE - Tell me your thoughts.
Thanks

Comments

1. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    I know but not everything & wondered how.
  2. Wheels12, 1 year ago
    blunderbuss2 - Please tell me what you know. See I don't know everything and it's nice to know that I'm on the right track. Thanks
  3. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
    I don't know Wheels. Not my field. Sorry.
  4. SEAN68 SEAN68, 1 year ago
    stunning:)
  5. pickrknows pickrknows, 1 year ago
    Any foundry marks or artist marks?
  6. Wheels12, 1 year ago
    pickrknows - There are NO foundry marks or artist marks, but ALL research points to Auguste Moreau and his sculpture "Secret". This sculpture is in the condition of a "Rough Draft". What I mean is this could had been the building block Model to the finish Work of Art. I can see lots of Hot Weld Balls, sanding and file marks, mistakes & repairs, welded features that where added to the children - like belts, wings, other welded parts. What I really need to find are his personal steps to creating his bronze work.
  7. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    This is definitely not by Moreau, and not in this material. My friend had one and offered it to me quite cheap. It is made of resin and a newer piece that molds rather well, although most of the ones that I have seen have poorly molded hands for some reason. Some are webbed almost and/or flattened fingers. It is a nice piece just for decoration but not something Moreau collectors would want. I have had around 8 Moreau sculptures but would not want this for my collection. This was probably done in the mid to later 1990's !
  8. Wheels12, 1 year ago
    Thanks for your comments. I know everyone has the right to there own opinion, but sorry to say - you are wrong.
  9. kyratango kyratango, 5 months ago
    Why a "rough draft" would have been patinated to look like a finished bronze, uh???