Employee ID photo badge?

In Photographs > Show & Tell.
Photographs684 of 3053old pictues yours truly

toolate2toolate2 loves this.
geo26egeo26e loves this.
gargoylecollectorgargoylecollector loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

valentino97

I found this in my 90-something year old apt. bldg. Storage units cleaned out to "upgrade to condo" YUCK and still no one can use the entire basement...Anyway many papers and photos in dumpster. I saved some pictures and brought them right back into the bldg.

Is this an id badge? Beautiful stylish 1940's woman. She doesn't really have a black thread coming out of her hat. The frame is tin. On the back....she hasn't written any info. Maybe her picture was enough? It hasn't been jimmied - she's the original photo for this badge. Anyone recognize her?

My id badge is very disappointing compared to this one.

Mystery Solved

Comments

1. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Thanks Lee - isn't she great?
  2. walksoftly walksoftly, 1 year ago
    Could it have been a product sample?
  3. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Too bad people throw away relative's photos. She looks like a pretty class act !
  4. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    I love this... So cool of you to rescue her.
  5. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    You know walksoftly that's a good guess.
  6. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Phil - it was really hard to see some of the pix in the dumpster....actually even knew one of the people in a stack of framed pictures. She and her husband retired here in the late 70's. She just passed away at age 95 quite the grand dame here. Everyone had a story about her. I have a good one but I won't bore you with it.

I think this lady was from here. There were some pictures in front of a dress shop. I'll post those later. Mani would love the store displays. I posted a notice about the pictures but no one came forward.
  7. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Thank you Nadia - isn't she gorgeous!
  8. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Thank you all for the love: Lee, gargoyle, kevin, geo, toolate2, walksoftly, Phil and Nadia.
  9. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
  10. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Thank you tom and Sean for your love!
  11. Pencil-necked-geek, 1 year ago
    I'm not gonna say it *isn't* an ID badge, but I will say that it looks almost exactly like the old photobooth pics you could get for a quarter at Coney Island-style arcades back in the day. If it were a legit ID badge, I would expect the reverse to be filled in and some plastic protection over the photo which appears lacking on yours. So I'm thinking the backing is generic. Still a neat item - there are a lot of folks that collect those arcade pics.

12. bratjdd bratjdd, 1 year ago
    Great Find!!! and your wonderful to save this amazing photos.
  13. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Hi P-N-G - wow this could be. Yeah - it wasn't used because it's in perfect shape all around except for water damage (basement home for ???? many years). Thanks and I will keep an eye out for other arcade pics.
  14. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Thanks bratjdd for your nice comments. Thank you pops and petey too.
  15. valentino97 valentino97, 9 months ago
    Thanks PNG! Your explanation of this photo sounds the truest.
  16. valentino97 valentino97, 7 months ago
    Thank you pencil-necked-geek (gee I hate to call you that) I saw a group of these recently on ebay.

and thanks for all the love: toracat, Miss Aim and Petey!!