Can anyone help me with exactly what these are?

In Asian > Asian Statues > Show & Tell.
Asian Statues102 of 330Bronze samurai 100 years oldA Pair of of Frogs

AimathenaAimathena loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
tom61375tom61375 loves this.

Posted 10 months ago

TwoFeathers
(1 item)

I uncovered a metal tin recently that had some pretty interesting items in it. This tin was purchased by my husband over 20 years ago, the guy he bought these figurines from said they were very expensive & collectibles. They are hand carved out of wood maybe? sandlewood? maybe stone or bone, they are light in weight. Each one is no bigger then 1/2 tall, and detailed beyond belief. I have to use a magnifying glass to see all the detail and taking photos was a real chore. They look to be Asian, Japanese maybe? Each one is a bit different. I'm at wits end here trying to figure out what these are, anyone have any ideas? I have searched all over the internet and cant find anything this small. any help would be helpful

Comments

1. jwendell222, 10 months ago
    Hi, the photos seem to show pieces of two different colors or shades. Is this correct?
    How many pieces do you have, and of each shade? Regards, Jim
  2. TwoFeathers TwoFeathers, 10 months ago
    the little pieces are all the same color (it might be the lighting) kinda a med brown. the only other color is white (and that is just on the ones that have hats or are holding what looks like pipes)

There are about 100 of these M/L
  3. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 10 months ago
    no idear my self ,but there neat to look at ...
  4. TwoFeathers TwoFeathers, 10 months ago
    intriging, they are so tiny, hand carved! who ever done these was a master!
  5. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 10 months ago
    well ..could of just been a hobby by someone with a lot of time on there hands ...one never known's
  6. tom61375 tom61375, 10 months ago
    They're to decorate a landscape of a Bonsai tree garden, or Bonsai tree area vase. They're cool! Love its!
  7. walksoftly walksoftly, 10 months ago
    Well done Tom!
  8. TwoFeathers TwoFeathers, 10 months ago
    tom61375, - really? that tiny of figurines? I would think they would get lost.