Christian Dior by Kramer of NY

In Costume Jewelry > Kramer Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Kramer Costume Jewelry7 of 18Kramer of New York blue rhinestones brooch/pinKramer Pin

bratjddbratjdd loves this.
NewtimesNewtimes loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
freiheitfreiheit loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

TimelessSt…

This came from my husband's maternal grandmother. It's a gorgeous set, however the bracelet is missing a few tiny green square stones near the clasp. Any advice on where to find excellent quality replacements is much appreciated. Collecting vintage costume jewelry is a new journey for me!

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Stunning ! love it and wlcome to CW :-)))))) Great post
  2. TimelessStyle TimelessStyle, 1 year ago
    Thanks so much Manikin!
  3. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    A lot of different people collect these parts (replacements) for a lot of different reasons. A lot of dealers collect the parts for spares in case they buy pieces with missing stones. I collected the parts because I and some friends used it for crafts and I did sell some costume jewelry to help with my income. Some places like value village, salvation army, and Goodwill also sometimes have bags of mismatched jewelry parts. I am sure you can get some replacements from some of those people to fix this beautiful bracelet !~Phil.
  4. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    Try http://www.mrstones.com. I hope I got the website correct. Davyd286 suggested it for one of my first postings. I just haven't found the time yet to order. Good luck!
  5. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    I love Christian Dior by Kramer. On a recent show... One set that was worn by Marilyn sold for several hundred thousand dollars... :)
  6. TimelessStyle TimelessStyle, 1 year ago
    Thanks so much, Phil and freiheit. I've been poking around mrstones.com this morning - what a great selection! I'll check out the charity shops, too.

DrFluffy - I can't imagine this set would ever sell for that much... Wowza! It will stay with me for a long, long time so I'll never find out. :)
  7. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    Yes... I think that one was sold so high because the Marilyn Monroe connection... But regardless the pieces are beautiful.
  8. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    This is a gorgeous set. I've used Mr. Stones and been happy w/their expertise. I also bought vintage mix bag on ebay. (If you go this route, be sure you're buying vintage) And of course build up your own stash from thrift stores or cheap broken items. Welcome to CW - you started w/a very beautiful set.

PS - Sometimes prongs get caught on sweater and jacket cuffs and pull away. Before you wear it take a look or shake it for any loose rattling....
  9. davyd286, 1 year ago