Erte Bronze Sculpture: "Beloved"

In Art Deco > Art Deco Bronze > Show & Tell and Figurines > Show & Tell.
Art Deco Bronze45 of 128Erte Madame Butterflyreally neat ashtray

valentino97valentino97 loves this.
sarahoffsarahoff loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
aldo78aldo78 loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

DrFluffy

There are 3 more Erte's, that I have not shared with my CW friends yet. This is one of them. This one is called "Beloved"... The angle of the pictures are very bad as it's on top of a book shelf in my craft room. And these are so heavy that I just took a picture where it's currently residing...

Comments

1. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    Thank you aghcollect, Manikin, aldo, bratjdd an sarah
  2. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Nadia - How beautiful!! I only have Erte postcards - you have 3 sculptures.

By chance did you ever see the Erte alphabet collection when they were displayed at the Hotel Del Coronado? It was sometime around 1998ish. I've been back since. They aren't displayed anymore.
  3. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 1 year ago
    wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!on 2 fronts!
  4. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    Val... Thanks for the comment. These beautiful sculptures were purchased by my in-laws in the 80s as an investment. The plan was for them to sell and fund one of their kid's tuition. Unfortunately by that time the prices had dropped and they decided to hang on to them. In total there are 7 of them. 6 are in my home and one is at my sister in law's. There are a couple of very large framed art as well.
    I don't recall seeing the Hotel Del's collection. I think during that time I was really into Bustamante type stuff!!!
  5. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    Thanks for the loves, pops, pickrknows, Phil, Kerry, Truthisanarrow, Kevin, GC, Tom, Bootson, Ted and antiques-in-NJ
  6. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    Eye4Beauty... Thank you... I agree, they look great in galleries...
  7. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    czechman, thank you.
  8. Jono Jono, 1 year ago
    I absolutely love these. I never had enough money to purchase these so we bought Lladro's.
  9. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Nadia - just hold on to them for another 20 yrs. Who knows - maybe not that long - and someone will get tuition money. Do you have a glass-front cabinet? I would tuck them inside just in case the earth starts a shakin. What if these tumbled off onto you? Not good.

Was Bustamante the fat sun face stuff? My girlfriend dated a Bustamante from TJ. He only had one arm and was married. I did not approve.
  10. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    Jono... Thank you... Lladro's are also great.
  11. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    Geo, Upstate, Jono and Parkerhouse... thanks for the loves
    Val. Good points for the shaking... Although these puppies are so heavy it's gonna be scary if they start falling!!!
  12. Parkerhouse Parkerhouse, 1 year ago
    wow! I am not familiar with Erte, but just looked on eBay! wow! and double wow!
    These are gorgeous. Congratulations!
  13. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    Thanks Parkerhouse... They are very unique and beautiful.
  14. Parkerhouse Parkerhouse, 1 year ago
    And your craft room is TOO clean to be a craft room! ;)
    Very cute the way you have it laid out.
  15. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    Well, not much crafting is going on these days... With a full time job and lots of crazy family and friends stuff, this room is more like storage right now.
  16. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    aghcollect, Sizzle and Vintagefran... Thank you for the loves.
  17. SEAN68 SEAN68, 1 year ago
    very very beautiful:)!
  18. Zowie Zowie, 1 year ago
    There is no words that come to mind at the moment i t5hink I just feel in love again great peice
  19. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    Thank you all my CW friends for the love and comments... I am glad you love this piece. It's definitely a beauty.
  20. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    THE MOST Beautiful Erte Snoopy sculptures Simon has ever seen!!! The room is beautiful also!! Me Don I really love all three of these!!
  21. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    Thomas... Thank you and welcome back
    Torakitty... Heehee.... I love snoopy... I have these little stuffed animals in many surfaces of my house...
  22. toracat toracat, 1 year ago
    I collect Snoopy comic publications!! I have visited his studio! It is away from museum!
  23. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    I know, we had this discussion... Didn't your son know his family? I visited the ice skating place in Santa Rosa (right? or Clara?) a couple of years ego... I love that place...
  24. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    Thank you Thomas, inky, Roy, and Aims.
  25. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 8 months ago
    tom, wpj, Vanessa, and Welz thank you...