1950's or 60's Napier bracelet and clip earrings w/celluloid jewely box

In Costume Jewelry > Napier Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell and Fine Jewelry > Jewelry Boxes > Show & Tell.
Napier Costume Jewelry5 of 17Napier costume jewelry, necklace with pendant from GoodwillNapier

bratjddbratjdd loves this.
VrgdcVrgdc loves this.
Agram.mAgram.m loves this.
AimathenaAimathena loves this.
tom61375tom61375 loves this.
sarahoffsarahoff loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
NewtimesNewtimes loves this.
gargoylecollectorgargoylecollector loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

valentino97

I bought this Napier bracelet and clip earrings as a set - not. Both are marked Napier in a beautiful antiqued silver finish. Bracelet - vertebrae? Clip earrings - wheat? I love them but mostly wear the bracelet.

Displayed w/a same time-frame celluloid jewelry box in my favorite color.

Any more information is appreciated and thank you for taking a look.

-Val

Comments

1. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    I love this.... I was trying to this design on ebay once, but the price got too out of hand
  2. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    BUY this design
  3. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Thanks Nadia - I found these about 10 yrs ago at an antique store and together I don't think I paid more than $25. It was on one of my trips back home to the Midwest. Of course I was lucky - wouldn't be able to find them now for this price. Thank you for loving! Isn't the bracelet incredible?
  4. Newtimes Newtimes, 1 year ago
    Hey valentino, nice set! I had no idea those are that expensive.
    Same here, I love posting on CW to document my stuff.
  5. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 1 year ago
    Agreed Val... One of the benefits of CW... Going thru our stuff!!! And it has made me slow down on the purchases :)
  6. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Newtimes and Nadia - AGREE - and definitely that I've cut down on buying because I'm "finding" my things aain and enjoying them.
  7. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Thank you all for the loves: Kerry, Kevin, Gargoyle, Newtimes, Mike and Sara!
  8. Aimathena, 1 year ago
    I really like that green jewelry box too :^)
  9. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    These jewelry boxes are not too expensive if you find them first hand. On ebay with shipping??? it's about $50. I know you can find this for less at antique stores and junking around. I love green too. Thank you my friend!
  10. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Thank you Leah, Sean, Tom and Aim!
  11. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Thank you MJ!
  12. TheNapierExpert TheNapierExpert, 4 months ago
    Hi the wheat chain bracelet and the earring were made at the same time. I believe I have an add showing this style earrings and the wheat chain earrings together.
    There's an interesting story behind this chain, if you own my book take a look around 1952-1953. I can't remember exactly what year.
  13. valentino97 valentino97, 4 months ago
    Thanks NapierExpert for your post. I know they aren't a set - why would they be in the same add? What's an add? Will check out your book to see what you have to share.
  14. TheNapierExpert TheNapierExpert, 4 months ago
    Valentino97 ... That should have read "ad" or advertisement. Challenge of using an iPhone to type. I'll try to locate the original advertisement that shows both styles. Napier did not sells its pieces as sets. So nothing technically was sold that way. Designs were presented in groupings.
  15. valentino97 valentino97, 4 months ago
    Hi NapierExpert - well I thought that's probably what happened and why I dislike smart phones (ha, ha!) Interesting - they didn't sell as sets! I bought these together so someone bought them together. Thanks. And I was just giving you a hard time I knew you meant ad or advertisement. I was an editor at a small weekly in one of my past careers. Typos make me crazy!! I make so many and my grammar is not great either....