Brutalist bracelet and ring

In Costume Jewelry > Gold Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Gold Costume Jewelry17 of 52Vintage Panetta Large Pearl RingVintage Pauline Rader Tiger Chain Belt with Turquoise Stones

freiheitfreiheit loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
AimathenaAimathena loves this.
SizzleSizzle loves this.
tom61375tom61375 loves this.
reds60reds60 loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
gargoylecollectorgargoylecollector loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.

Posted 11 months ago

valentino97

The Brutalist period in jewelry was mainly 1960's-70's - defined by handmade, bumpy, knobby, rough textures - ugly!...you get the idea. But many designs are very beautiful coming into their own as time passes and we appreciate handmade one-of-a-kind items. Losing their brutality?

Excuse the pictures - I plan to reshoot.

#2 - shows my wavy 1" "gold" bracelet. Beautifully crafted and buffed - feels great to wear. #3 and 4: large "porcupine" domed ring about 1"x.75". I included the last picture to show you the shank which is beautiful. This also is a comfortable ring on and quite a statement piece. It might be gold - I need to buy the metal ID kits.

This era isn't for everyone but I love these and wear them a lot.

Comments

1. AmberRose AmberRose, 11 months ago
    Oh yea, that's the stuff!
  2. valentino97 valentino97, 11 months ago
    Don't hate me because I'm brutal-ful! Thanks Amber for loving. Thank you Kevin for loving!
  3. valentino97 valentino97, 11 months ago
    Thanks gargoyle!!
  4. kerry10456 kerry10456, 11 months ago
    Val, love this and I did answer you on the Mickey LOL I always apprecite your comments and insight put forth. They are always a welcome addition on my postings :-)))
  5. valentino97 valentino97, 11 months ago
    Thank you Kerry! It's so much fun to see your obsessions and then I feel a little better that I haven't quite spent as much money on my own - LOL (what's that mean again? lots of love?) I enjoy your comments and humour too. Hope to meet you and your family - maybe in 2014 at your museum. Here's the time to post LOL again right?
  6. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 11 months ago
    Val, I didn't know anything about this period jewelry until now... :)
  7. Newtimes Newtimes, 11 months ago
    I love brutalist jewelry and architecture so much!
  8. valentino97 valentino97, 11 months ago
    Thanks Nadia - I think it really started in the late 50's but for jewelry the hippy handmade movement in 60's and 70's has really interesting examples.
  9. valentino97 valentino97, 11 months ago
    Thank you Newtimes - I really love your necklace! Will you post and "after cleaning" shot?
  10. valentino97 valentino97, 11 months ago
    Leah - Yes - Jacks - it does look like that or weird bones... Thanks for the comment. Jacks and the old swirly colored balls would make a neat bracelet wouldn't they?
  11. Sizzle Sizzle, 11 months ago
    ~~~Valentino~~~ You have posted some really nice things. I like your face photo with your pet bird flying in it.
  12. valentino97 valentino97, 11 months ago
    Sizzle - thanks! That photo was done w/ self-timer. He got out of my hands at the perfect moment! I've gotten lots of laughs w/that. Thank you I really love collecting jewelry and other stuff. I also enjoy the research as much but don't always have the best luck finding info on the internet. Love CW - to help me out.
  13. valentino97 valentino97, 11 months ago
    Thanks Mike, Sean, reds, roycroft, Tom or your loves.
  14. davyd286, 10 months ago
    It's not gold but it could be bronze - which would be good news. But it is most likely a brass Pal Kepenyes or another modernist- "inspired" piece.
  15. valentino97 valentino97, 10 months ago
    Thank you davy for your comment. Now I need to go on the net and find out who Pal Kepenyes is. Thanks!

Thanks Aim, Brat and Freiheit for your love.