Lucky 7 bakelite cufflinks

In Costume Jewelry > Bakelite Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell and Fine Jewelry > Cufflinks > Show & Tell.
Bakelite Costume Jewelry51 of 115Bakelite and lucite yummie candy banglesHappy Halloween Ya'll

upstatenycollectorupstatenycollector loves this.
tom61375tom61375 loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
bobogalbobogal loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.

Posted 9 months ago

valentino97

1/2" bakelite dice w/colorful rhinestones - all there. Might have been white originally. Probably from mid 1940's to late 1950's. I have been very tempted to turn these into earrings but they are in perfect shape so don't want to ruin their chi.

Comments

1. bratjdd bratjdd, 9 months ago
    Hi Valentino97, I love them, I could see it being earrings too :)
  2. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 9 months ago
    Love these....
  3. valentino97 valentino97, 9 months ago
    Thanks to all - brat for confirming my idea to change them. Bobogal, agh, tom and Nadia - I posted these for you!
  4. Manikin Manikin, 9 months ago
    Unique and love them . I prefer to keep them original but that is just me . Woman can wear cufflinks too :-) Neat find !
  5. valentino97 valentino97, 9 months ago
    You are right Manikin! And I do wear them and all my cufflinks- I like to keep items original too.

Thanks for the love and also to Sean, Mike, Kevin, Kerry, Gargoyle, Judd
  6. cwacct cwacct, 9 months ago
    Wow... I can almost picture the Dapper Dan who wore those to the gaming table. Those are wonderful. (And I too am a vote for keeping them original column... Every time I think about changing something, I keep picturing Antiques Roadshow 2113... "Well now, if you're great, great grandmother hadn't of modified these, they'd be worth $500,000... but since she did...." ha ha)
  7. Newtimes Newtimes, 9 months ago
    I love them. Couldn't you just keep these original and find a pair of bakelite dice you can convert into earrings?
  8. valentino97 valentino97, 9 months ago
    cwacct - yes - I laugh when I see those poor faces fall on Antiques Roadshow - but hey we've all done a little painting, shining and lifting...I've ruined some things over the years. Luckily just small items.

Aren't they cool - hopefully lucky for Dapper Dan!
  9. valentino97 valentino97, 9 months ago
    Hi Newtimes and thanks - I don't run across these rhinestone dice very often. I HAVE converted some old dice to earrings. Didn't I email you the pix of those w/the old majong tiles? I don't think I can post those on CW. It would be cool to have a repurpose category...but then what a nightmare for Hunter to decide what should stay or go...ha ha!!! Stay warm, dry and safe...
  10. valentino97 valentino97, 9 months ago
    Thank you aycockonxion - post some more stuff!
  11. upstatenycollector upstatenycollector, 8 months ago
    Those are awesome. I love detailed items, stuff that people put some heart and thought into!
  12. valentino97 valentino97, 8 months ago
    Thanks to all who enjoy these too: cwacct, Phil, freiheit, kjdixo, jewels and upstate.
  13. valentino97 valentino97, 8 months ago
    Thank you upstatenycollector - these are pretty great aren't they?