Posted 3 years ago
- Occupied Territory Philippines / Japanese Invasion Currency / (1942)
- Obverse: One Peso / Green and Black / Red Letter Code: PH
- Reverse: Numeric Denomination '1' and One Peso / Green color
- Aiello catalog# 106 (Philippines) - Condition: CU (Crisp Uncirculated)
-- Japanese invasion money, officially known as Southern Development Bank Notes, was currency issued by the Japanese Military Authority, as a
replacement for local currency after the conquest of colonies and other states in WW II.
- 1942 issue consisted of denominations of 1, 5, 10 and 50 centavos and 1, 5, and 10 pesos.
- Purple ink oval stamp on reverse denotes value redeemed by bearer after the war.