(Enoch) Wedgwood and Co Ld lidded dish.

In Art Pottery > Majolica > Show & Tell.
Majolica6 of 95Victorian Bordallo Pinheiro majoilca Pink Leaf dishCERAMIC FRUIT CHARGER

walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
antiques-in-njantiques-in-nj loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
tom61375tom61375 loves this.

Posted 4 months ago

Vintagefran

Hi all,
Nice squat lidded dish, approx 6" by 2"
From the stamp on the back this dates to between 1908-1925.
It looks like it could be more creamware than majolica (thanks Vetraio:)

Mystery Solved

Comments

1. tom61375 tom61375, 4 months ago
    Kinda resembles Peyote! Love It!
  2. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 4 months ago
    Thanks Tom, could be, i don't know what Peyote looks like. I thought a water lilly but the leaves look wrong, maybe its just a made up flower. I like its funny squat shape.
  3. tom61375 tom61375, 4 months ago
    Here's a link.
  4. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 4 months ago
    Tom, you haven't been at the peyote have you? ;)
    Sorry i don't see the resemblance.
    Mind you it doesn't look much like a water lilly either. Lol.
    You don't know if this would be classed as majolica do you?
    The descriptions I've read of it are a bit vague, if the inside was pink or puce colour I'd say it could be but I'm not sure.
  5. tom61375 tom61375, 4 months ago
    HAHAHA, LoL...many many years ago, but these days it's vast quantities of Scotch.
    It's a beautiful piece, I wouldn't mind if it was to resemble peyote. But I'm pretty sure you named it correctly. =)
    I am doing a search though! =)
  6. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 4 months ago
    I did a little image search & wondered if it might be a primrose, or maybe tea, maybe its for keeping loose tea in, but it doesn't look too much like those either.
  7. tom61375 tom61375, 4 months ago
    It definitely is of the Majolica style, all Google pics for Majolica-style pottery has this same "lettuce leafed" design. =)
  8. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 4 months ago
    Hi Tom,
    They don't look like lettuce leaves on this but i think you're right. Because there's no sickly puce colours i usually associate with majolica, & not owning, any i wasn't sure.
    Thanks:)
  9. vetraio50 vetraio50, 4 months ago
    I think it is more "creamware" than tin glazed majolica.
  10. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 4 months ago
    Ahh you maybe right V. I'll have to look into it...:)
  11. vetraio50 vetraio50, 4 months ago
    Cream and green were a thing in English ceramics. I think this is really nice. The mark is twentieth century. Have not seen another. Nice!
  12. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 4 months ago
    Thanks V. It does look like creamware:)
    I love it, its a lovely squat shape with a little outward bend at the bottom to stand on. Do you think it could've been used for tea?