Elegant Oval Chalk Ware Plaques /Bas Relief French Couple in Landscape / Circa 19??

In Figurines > Chalkware > Show & Tell.
Chalkware98 of 140Courtly Couple Figurines # 703 #704 /Plaster-Chalkware/Unknown Maker and Agea little Mexico pottery garden art

auraaura loves this.
pops52pops52 loves this.
AimathenaAimathena loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.

Well the cold weather has got me in and rummaging around today and I came across these stuffed in the closet. I remember seeing them at GW and leaving them. Seeing them again a few more times and thinking well if no one wants them then...sold. Two bucks each ! They are rather nice about 14" and quite heavy.The lady's facial features are a bit over the top (can you say clown The gentlemen's face is really well done and looks like quality porcelain. Lots of nicks and chips but nothing too distracting. I could spend the day touching them up but original is best I think. There are no marks, labels, or stamps that I could see. The backs are flat with a 3" piece of embedded wire for hanging. No room on the walls so back in the closet they go ! -Mike-

1. Aimathena Aimathena, 3 years ago
    I'm loving the new photo, adorable!!
  2. mikelv85 mikelv85, 3 years ago
    My cousin posted a few photos on my timeline on facebook this morning that I had never seen before. Some of my Mom and Dad and some of us as kids. It was so cool to see these. My brother (driving) and I and my two cousins were the first grand kids and all close in age. It was a wonderful time ! Yes I was adorable :)
  3. Aimathena Aimathena, 3 years ago
    LoL and your personality still is :-)
  4. mikelv85 mikelv85, 3 years ago
    Hi Jay and thanks, My Dad's German /English and Mom's Polish /Russian. The picture was taken 20 years ago...... lol ....I wish :P ! More like 1958 or 60. -Mike-
  5. mikelv85 mikelv85, 3 years ago
    Hi Jay... Yes it's been a while I think I was probably about 5-6 years old in that picture. We moved to Ohio from Michigan in '64. My Dad was an air traffic controller and was transferred from the Detroit sector to Oberlin Ohio. I live in Elyria which is about 30 miles from Cleveland and according to the maps 135 miles from Logan. I see it's down by Columbus. We all live so far from each other on CW. Can you imagine all of us thrifting together ? I think we'd kill each other fighting over everything ! lol. There are some great places up here too. Oberlin has at least 3 antique stores. That's about 8 miles from where I live -Mike-