Unusual Tiffany pin

In Fine Jewelry > Tiffany Jewelry > Show & Tell and Fine Jewelry > Victorian and Edwardian Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Tiffany Jewelry16 of 16Tiffany and Co. ??????????? Help what is this?Tiffany & Co Sterling Silver Open Heart Necklace

antiqueroseantiquerose loves this.
vintagemadvintagemad loves this.
TeresaDTeresaD loves this.
MoriahC223MoriahC223 loves this.
cindyjunecindyjune loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.

wolcott1

This is a very old Tiffany pin. Probably mid 1800's? The large stone is chrysoberyl and smaller three are diamonds of slightly different sizes. It has a sharp hook attached.
It looks as if there should be a diamond on the other end; the design and choice of stones is odd. If anyone has seen anything like it or has any ideas about the age, type of pin it might be, etc. would love to hear from you.

Comments

1. ggmsmolly ggmsmolly, 4 years ago
    Gorgeous bar pin. I have a Chrysoberyl Art Deco ring and just love that stone.
  2. wolcott1, 4 years ago
    Thanks so much for your comment, I would love to see the ring! You almost never see Chrosoberyl jewelry nowadays.
  3. rachael thom, 3 years ago
    i came across a rose pin with a note, the note says: ROSE PIN The vibrant color's in Tiffany's stained glass windows inspired this rose. Tiffany believed "glass is the most beautiful of jewels." This pin reproduces his jewel-like effects with plique a jour enameling. His masterpieces are in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, NY. Enameled bronze. The Museum Company 100-71824. I was wondering if this is a real Tiffany piece and, how much it could be worth?
  4. wolcott1, 3 years ago
    Okay AR8 andRachael, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. The piece is marked Tiffany&co.
    The design of the brooch was a mystery to me but more recently I've spotted other Haley's comet designs. The comet reappeared in the earlier part of the 1800's and was a popular jewelry design of that period. Thanks for your input!
  5. wolcott1, 3 years ago
    I stand corrected AR, it was also visible in 1910 as well. Thanks!
  6. Hedgewalker Hedgewalker, 3 years ago
    Diamonds don't impress me.Anything you need to magnify or test to tell the difference between it and clear glass isn't very impressive to me.And I have minerals that are rarer by far that I'd be lucky to get a hundred bucks for.That chrysoberyl on the other hand is a beauty of a stone !!!Very pretty piece !!
  7. wolcott1, 3 years ago
    Hedgewalker, thanks so much! I know what you mean, there is something nice about appreciating something at face value and not having to define it's beauty based on further inspection. Those fluorescent mineral stones you have are spectacular!
  8. wolcott1, 3 years ago
    Thanks everyone for your interest and loves!
  9. wolcott1, 3 years ago
    Scandi_ P, I haven't worn it! It was my grandmother's who had a very interesting collection. I wouldn't know what to wear it with. Any ideas Scandi?
  10. wolcott1, 3 years ago
    Thanks Scandi_P and ThriftStoreA!!
  11. wolcott1, 3 years ago
    Thanks Scandi, love the idea of actually wearing it now! The cardigan sounds right on for me...
  12. Frenchcutsparklez Frenchcutsparklez, 1 year ago