Sklo Union. Czech, satinated fleshy pink colour glass lady center piece. Designer Jitka Forjtová.

In Figurines > Show & Tell and Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Figurines167 of 634French Art Deco bronze. Statue of naked women holding a crystal ballRussian Bunnies

VintagefranVintagefran loves this.
vanskyock24vanskyock24 loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
geo26egeo26e loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
antiques-in-njantiques-in-nj loves this.

Posted 2 months ago

Vintagefran

Hi all,
Thanks to some help, (thanks again TallCakes, you've helped me out so often:) This was once part of a center piece.
Sklo Union, pattern 13171, designer Jitka Forjtová.
See links below for more info.
She's about 6" tall and heavy.
Shes solid glass with a dip in the bottom, in a light fleshy amber colour & has lovely reflective qualities.

Mystery Solved

Comments

1. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 2 months ago
    Thanksor the love A-nj :)
  2. TallCakes TallCakes, 2 months ago
    match this one???
  3. SEAN68 SEAN68, 2 months ago
    very beautiful!!!
  4. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 2 months ago
    Thanks for the loves and thanks TC you found it again!! I searched for ages for modern figures and got no where. I wondered if she was originally part of a center piece.
  5. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 2 months ago

Here's some more info.
  6. TallCakes TallCakes, 2 months ago
    I think that it is part of a set including the bowl (13169) , frog (13170) and this centerpiece (13171). They were made in various colors.
  7. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 2 months ago
    Thanks TC, I'll keep a look out for the rest of it:) its not my usual taste, i like the art nouveau & deco ladies, one day:) but no one else bid on this & i thought she was a bit different.
  8. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 2 months ago
    Here's a green one. I still like the amber/pink best so far...
  9. TallCakes TallCakes, 2 months ago
    I think I like the color of this one best too along with the satin finish. I've noted several different colors: satin crystal, satin amber, lilac satin, amethyst, green
  10. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 2 months ago
    Thanks TC. I prefer the satin finishes. Still i wouldn't say no to the rest of this. I've written to the seller just in case they have the rest of it, if its not satin glass they may not realise they go together. Unlikely but you never know:) thanks for the info. You and this site are amazing! I'd spent a good few how's just looking at images for anything similar!!
  11. TallCakes TallCakes, 2 months ago
    You're most welcome. I do hope you are surprised and the seller has the other pieces. I'd imagine that it's pretty easy to separate pieces like this not thinking they were related. I really like the ethereal nature of the satin pieces.
  12. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 2 months ago
    Beautiful... I love it...
  13. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 2 months ago
    Thank you DrFluffy. Ethereal..what a good word to describe it TC:)
  14. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 2 months ago
    Thanks for the loves & help on this everyone. I love the view from the back, gazing out of the window on (yet another) rainy day.