1968 NY Baseball Poster

In Baseball > Yankees Memorabilia > Show & Tell and Posters and Prints > Sports Posters > Show & Tell.
Yankees Memorabilia4 of 48THURMAN MUNSON 1977 Yankee JacketMy watches

bratjddbratjdd loves this.
geo26egeo26e loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.

Posted 5 months ago

jennfox78

Bought 6 boxes of posters at an auction and I need help identifying this NY (Yankees I assume) player from 1968. I have tried to look it up with the information on the bottom but have been unsuccessful. I know there were some major players at the time so I have an idea who it may be but I'm not sure. I just was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Obviously baseball is not my sport. Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

1. aghcollect aghcollect, 5 months ago
    NY Yankees - Mickey Mantle
  2. aghcollect aghcollect, 5 months ago
    The name should be on the back in the upper left corner
  3. Manikin Manikin, 5 months ago
    In 1968 NY Yankee's broke their record on a triple play ,which happened again 45 years later by A-Rod . Check out land handed batters 1968 they were not tha many , It is Not Mickey Mantle :-)
  4. aghcollect aghcollect, 5 months ago
    Mani - This exact poster is on the "bay" with the Mickey Mantle name on the back.
    google "1968 Mickey Mantle Poster"
  5. aghcollect aghcollect, 5 months ago
    It is a "Sports Illustrated" poster and some of them are even autographed
  6. Manikin Manikin, 5 months ago
    I stand corrected It sure did not look like him on this photo , He was a switch hitter and was my 1st thought but not seeing face clear I was wrong . Thanks agh :-) You nailed it according to the google search photo's I just saw :-)
  7. aghcollect aghcollect, 5 months ago
    OK mani - I was up in the middle of the night, my best time for research - It would have been easier if they at least showed his uniform number. Most of his baseball card images also show him as a lefty.- this is one of those "one per year" CW posters anyway. - I have a feeling it will remain in the "unsolved mystery" category forever.
  8. Manikin Manikin, 5 months ago
    Well I hope poster answers after all your research agh :-)
  9. aghcollect aghcollect, 5 months ago
    LOL - it took me all of 6 minutes to find and type - I think it's one of those "post it and forget it" type of posts we see so often. - Posted my butterfly thingy just for you. You missed my Butterfly stamps last week. :((
  10. Manikin Manikin, 5 months ago
    Oh I better go back and look agh ! I have limited time on PC due to my eyes and things go by so fast I know I am missing many posts . Going to your page now !
  11. jennfox78, 5 months ago
    Thank you for your help I thought it might be but I also thought he was heavier than that. There is no name on the back.
  12. jennfox78, 5 months ago
    I saw the one on Ebay just now but I swear it wasn't there yesterday!! Sorry