Shirley Temple Doll by Ideal 1950's and clothes 12 Inch size

In Dolls > Ideal Dolls > Show & Tell and Dolls > Shirley Temple Dolls > Show & Tell.
Ideal Dolls3 of 42Ideal Toy Company boy doll T-28great grandma gift

vanskyock24vanskyock24 loves this.
austrohungaroaustrohungaro loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.

Posted 8 months ago

Manikin

This is the 12 in Shirley Temle doll put out by Ideal in 1950's she is vinyl and her hair is still in original set with bow by factory . She wears a original Shirley Temple Dress . She was a much loved doll by girls in the 50's and she came with many outfits you could buy to dress her . Most are tagged but many are not . Some clothes came in Gift sets with several sets of clothes and not always tagged . They are all well documented . With Shirley's recent passing I took my doll out that has been stored to photo .
The vinyl version of Shirley came in a few sizes in the 50's she was reissused as a Mongomery Ward exclusive in 1970's in 17 inch size and her face and dress are a give away she is not a early one ,which was made in 1950's . Later newer versions of her were put out by Danbury Mint in 80's made of Porcelain
1958-1963 Ideal Shirley Temple dolls, 12, 15, 17, 19" tall, the 12" doll is the most commonly found doll, marked on head: Ideal Doll ST12, the ST = Shirley Temple + the dolls size.
1959-1963 Shirley Temple, 26" tall, all vinyl, rooted hair, same as the smaller sizes, this doll is believed to have been used as a store display for the real Shirley's public appearances to promote the doll. Is very rare.

1962 the 12" Shirley was no longer available. 1963 Shirley was only available in 15".

Comments

1. Zowie Zowie, 8 months ago
    I loved Shirley Temple as a kid about the only program I watched back then. Have a great day.
  2. Aimathena, 8 months ago
    She's adorable Mani xo luvin' the gray tote as well. I have many of those.
  3. Manikin Manikin, 8 months ago
    Thank you Zowie and Aim :-) Much appreciated xoxo
  4. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 8 months ago
    Loved seeing her old movies played when I was in my teens. Wonderful doll and a nice collection of clothes, beautiful !~
  5. Manikin Manikin, 8 months ago
    Thank you Phil, she was a very talented little girl and a woman that managed to grow up without scandel . My Mother loved her and it was because of her I had this doll. She dressed me like her as a kid :-) Many thanks my dear friend
  6. officialfuel officialfuel, 8 months ago
    Manikin, my grandpa was a farm hand and on Sundays we would go to their house and grandma would make fried chicken. After that we would go to the living room and watch a Shirley Temple movie, Bonanza,Walt Disney, Doris Day, Rock Hudson. Your doll brought back some great memories.

Michael
  7. Aimathena, 8 months ago
    Michael, that sounds like a wonderful childhood memory.
  8. Manikin Manikin, 8 months ago
    Thank you Micheal for the the memory you shared , I went to My Grandma' and Grandpa's house and milked cows :-) When my Mom was a little girl she believed Shirley Temple lived near her in a little green house and would watch for her , Of coarse she never lived in that house but it is still there and before my Mom passed we would drive past it often and she would tell her story to me , So she brings back memories of my Mother and myself driving around town when she came for visits here where she grew up and I live still :-)
  9. Manikin Manikin, 8 months ago
    vetraio50 ,vansky and mikelv ! Much appreciated :-)
  10. pops52 pops52, 8 months ago
    A very nice addition to your collection!
  11. Zowie Zowie, 8 months ago
    If I wright I think she recently died & she did seem to get through life without any scandal not like a lot of young entertainers today more the pity they have so much & seem intent on destroying it, everything they worked so hard for
  12. SEAN68 SEAN68, 8 months ago
    shes cute!!!! sorry ive missed this I was so sick , still trying to shake of little of whats left over!!
  13. Manikin Manikin, 7 months ago
    Thank you Sean I hope your feeling better and Thank you Geo :-) Much appreciated
  14. Manikin Manikin, 7 months ago
    Thank all so much :-) your all appreciated
    geo26e
    SEAN68
    sugargirl
    Designer
    Longings
    petey
    nutsabotas6
    pops52
    Leah
    DrFluffy
    tom61375
    mikelv85
    officialfuel
  15. kerry10456 kerry10456, 7 months ago
    Mani, you sneaked one in on me..... opps xoxo
  16. deaton1 deaton1, 5 months ago
    one of the beloved women of the 20th century, we watched her rerun movies and programs and the world watched her during the depression etc. I am 62, so I did want this doll badly, but I didn't get her. I did get a barbie but she was an auburn bubblecut, and I wanted the blond ponytail barbie in '62, o well, wish I had all of those clothes from the barbie.
  17. FanciGirl FanciGirl, 1 month ago
    So sweet! I have a few older Dolls but have no mentor so I don't know much about them.
  18. Manikin Manikin, 1 month ago
    Thank you fanci . I will help ID them either post them or email me photo's Manikin1234@hotmail.com
    Glad you stopped :-))
  19. Jewels Jewels, 28 days ago
    I love the outfits! So cute!
  20. Manikin Manikin, 27 days ago