Some Smalls (And A Pocket Watch)

In Medals Pins and Badges > Show & Tell.
Medals Pins and Badges65 of 470ANTIQUE RUSSIAN ORTHODOX RELIGIOUS ICON City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works Supervisor Badge

pw-collectorpw-collector loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
peteypetey loves this.

Posted 4 months ago

pops52

I enjoy looking at smalls when at the flea markets. Here are just some that I have accumulated over time. Hope that you enjoy looking at them too!
(The pocket watch is a 12 size, 17 jewel, Illinois, made in 1916 with a 14kt gold filled octagon case)

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 4 months ago
    Pops I love smalls and you have such a array of items how fun to look at them all :-) Great post !!
  2. kerry10456 kerry10456, 4 months ago
    Lot of goodies I see...:-), very nicely displayed
  3. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 4 months ago
    Great arrangement, I am definitely hooked on the seahorse, really interesting display takes some time to go through it all, with varied tastes but some that are unique to you also.
  4. valentino97 valentino97, 4 months ago
    I love smalls. I agree very nice arrangement! I love the green dice and the car at the bottom.
  5. pops52 pops52, 4 months ago
    Thanks valentino97, The dice belonged to my dad and the model car is a Cadillac. It was made in Germany and it is a 1:87 scale making it the smallest model I have.
  6. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 4 months ago
    I thought I had seahorses before, kept wanting one when I got the comics as a teen and sent out for them. Cannot remember what happened and now I think I may have had one. Wish I had the memories, but all I remember is the DC comic ads for the seahorses, how many times I looked at the ads... go figure... ?
  7. SEAN68 SEAN68, 4 months ago
    stunning smalls !!! Love these pops!!
  8. tom61375 tom61375, 4 months ago
    Absolutely AWESOME in every way!! LOVE IT!!
  9. idcloisonne idcloisonne, 4 months ago
    Love this stuff! Really interesting to look at. Thank you for sharing.
  10. Virginia.vintage Virginia.vintage, 4 months ago
    As you I love go to flea markets for small finds like this, make me happy ;)
    Here I can see many lovely small pieces!!
    Great post!!
  11. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 3 months ago
    So cool... Nice collection.
  12. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 3 months ago
    I just saw this posted on CW's facebook.. :)
  13. pops52 pops52, 3 months ago
    Cool, Thanks DrFluffy! I feel like a celebrity!
  14. hickadilly1 hickadilly1, 3 months ago
    Love the old knives and guns! Cool smalls! ME
  15. Bridget, 3 months ago
    That is an awesome way to display! I too have a collection of lots of smalls and goodies like that and I'm going to do the same thing. How did you make your display case? It's perfect. Better way to show them just just keeping them in a box!
  16. pops52 pops52, 3 months ago
    Thanks Bridget, The case was very inexpensive, had it for a while. here's a link to show similar.

17. Bridget, 3 months ago
    Thanks for the info pops52!
  18. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 3 months ago
    how the heck did I miss this Pops ...nice grouping ...........bet that key go;s a a stang with a 429 sitting under the hood ...smiling,... light them uppppppppp
  19. pops52 pops52, 3 months ago
    Thanks Roycroft! Nope, the key once belonged to my dads 62 Ford Galaxie 500. They are both long long gone. I Still have the key though!
  20. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 3 months ago
    LOL I ..had a 65 black one two door with red int..........Traded it for my first BSA bike,.. was only 17 at the time ...how that Galaxie would shine ...smiling
  21. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 3 months ago
    did I mention I love that Marine Corps emblem you show as well...............smiling
  22. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 3 months ago
    hey pops are u a jarhead as well .//??
  23. pops52 pops52, 2 months ago
    My oldest boy was.
  24. pops52 pops52, 2 months ago
    Thanks everyone for the loves and comments, very much appreciated!
  25. PatSea PatSea, 17 days ago
    Going to steal this ideia to display all the smalls i've found while cleaning grandma's basement! And i also have a seahorse! :)
  26. Jewels Jewels, 16 days ago
    Nice assortment of little treasures pops--I gravitate to these =)
  27. kyratango kyratango, 15 days ago
    Ooh! What a bright idea, and creative display !
    I am specially captive of the minute adjustable wrench below the octagonal watch :-)
    great post, with the link for the box!
  28. pw-collector pw-collector, 4 hours ago
    Ken, I like the 2mm pinfire pistol watch fob below the cadillac XLR.
    It appears to be a Austria made Deer & Rabbit model with an overall length of 1.68 inches, 1.56 inches from end of barrel to back of grip. The grip side shown is a deer & the opposite side grip has a rabbit. The top of the barrel should be stamped MADE IN AUSTRIA. Cock the hammer, push the pin from the right side at breach below the barrel, tilt the barrel down and load a 2mm pinfire cartridge. It is made of three layers of German silver riveted together. The breach is a bent over tab from the side plate. The left side has a side spring holding the barrel lock pin.
    Austria manufactured these berloque or watch fob pistols from the late 19th century through the 1950's. The early ones had the barrel bored all the way through. Post WWII (for safety reasons), the barrel was plugged & vented on the sides like yours shown.
    I like all your smalls, but this one is my favorite along with the Illinois pocket watch.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dave
  29. pops52 pops52, 4 hours ago
    Hey Dave, Thanks for all the info on the pinfire. It does say made in Austria. I was going to post it awhile back when you had yours posted, kind of slip my mind. It would be great to see your pinfire collection again. I remember you had some really nice ones. Glad you like the smalls and were able to pick out some favorites. Thanks again for all the information.
    Ken