Tom Mix Cards

In Movies > Western Films > Show & Tell and Postcards > Show & Tell.
Western Films1 of 22John Wayne Photo 8 x 10Old Lone Ranger Soap

tom61375tom61375 loves this.
icollectglassicollectglass loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.

Posted 18 days ago

upstatenyc…

Again I ask for the help of all you knowledgeable folks! I picked up a box of postcards today (about 100, some go back to 1901!) and in amongst them were these cards. None of them are dated, and they are all on cardboard, blank on the back. They all say EX. SUP. CO, Chicago, Made in USA, and each has a description. They measure 5 3/8 x 3 3/8. They look old. Can anyone tell me where they are from, and maybe what they are worth? Thanks!!

Mystery Solved

Comments

1. aghcollect aghcollect, 18 days ago
    EX SUP. CO is the The Exhibit Supply Company - issued postcard-sized, thick cards from the 1920's through the 1960's. Their cards were sold for a penny each in arcade machines. These cards were almost always black and white or some type of one-color toned cards. They issued cards of various subjects, but specialized in movie stars, cowboys, pretty girls, baseball players, and other athletes.
  2. upstatenycollector upstatenycollector, 18 days ago
    Thanks, aghcollect! I know very little about ephemera, but I'm trying to learn since I got this box of postcards.
  3. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 18 days ago
    There are lots of cowboys out west at the antique shows looking for books etc about the old west. These would be great at a show, I used to sell a lot of books to people looking for inspiration and good reads about the cowboy life. A postcard collector would know the value and though I sold postcards for a time, I never had many roy rogers or tom mix. This makes me think you got some great cards in the lot.
  4. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 18 days ago
    tom mix Postcards (Package of 8)

CAD $11.50
  5. AmberRose AmberRose, 18 days ago
    I like how he is holding off the mob
  6. icollectglass, 18 days ago
    Amber ... They all seem to have their own pistols. ... Lol
  7. icollectglass, 18 days ago
    I really think he is singing " Y.M.C.A" and all those guys are dancing along ...
  8. upstatenycollector upstatenycollector, 18 days ago
    I keep picturing America's Funniest Videos", and that roof just folds under him!!!! Thanks everyone!
  9. icollectglass, 18 days ago
    Yeah ... One hollywood round off at the left " lean to board " and it's over ...
  10. icollectglass, 18 days ago
    Or the lady in the house (who is not aware of what's going down outside) comes running out because dinner is ready, and rings the crap out of that bel ... He leans forward in surprise and tumbles off ...
  11. upstatenycollector upstatenycollector, 18 days ago
    LOL I saw that bell, and I was thinking something similar, icollect!!!
  12. icollectglass, 18 days ago
    One year later after the filming of this, they started employing technical consultants ...