Rare Antique Barbed Wire

In Tools and Hardware > Wire and Nails > Show & Tell.
Wire and Nails210 of 211Misc. Railroad Date NailsCopper Date Nail used as a Factory Sample for traveling Saleman

ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
trunkmantrunkman loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
barbedwireguybarbedwireguy loves this.
TheGateKeeperTheGateKeeper loves this.
nonknonk likes this.
DMK678DMK678 loves this.
BennyCayeyBennyCayey likes this.
StihlCollectorStihlCollector likes this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.

gotwire

Hart/McGlin Five Point Sheet Metal Star on Three Lines. 1876

Olsen Six Point Star on Single Line. 1881

Comments

1. ttomtucker ttomtucker, 4 years ago
    gotwire, have you ever been to the "Barbed Wire Capital of the World" in LaCrosse, KS. They have quite a display of barbed wire. I use to go to LaCrosse many years ago when we held our telephone show there.
  2. gotwire gotwire, 4 years ago
    Hi ttomtucker, I've been to LaCrosse several times, for the wire show and Symposium. Our museum in TX is bigger although they have more wire. There's a couple of telephone related collectors that still come to the wire shows. Our next show is a few weeks in Elk City, OK. http://www.collectorsweekly.com/events/5316-the-devils-rope-museum-and-texas-date-nai
  3. barbedwireguy barbedwireguy, 4 years ago
    gotwire, a couple of great wires!! The Olsen is on my "hitlist". Someday...
    Thanks for sharing.
  4. DMK678 DMK678, 4 years ago
    Love it.
  5. gotwire gotwire, 4 years ago
    Thanks Barbedwireguy and DMK678. I had a great time trading for them.
  6. Tony, 3 years ago
    Hi,
    I live in Texas and have a some barbed wire that's been on our farm for as long as I can remember. A contractor was over at my house and saw it and said to me "Do want to sell that wire"? I asked him what do you want that old wire for and he said to me "you don't know what you got do you" ? Then he told me it's very old and rare, so I said Not For Sale.
    Here's my problem, I haven't been able to find a website to look up and see wher and when it was made. Any help ?
  7. Esther110 Esther110, 3 years ago
    Tony, the best way is to post a pic of yours and ask your question.
  8. gotwire gotwire, 3 years ago
    Tony, post or send me a picture of your wire.