6-12 Insect repellent

In Bottles > Medicine Bottles > Show & Tell.
Medicine Bottles199 of 240McKesson & Robbins, Tooth Powder. 1950's ?Gray Cross Glycerin

SoundwaveSoundwave likes this.
fhrjr2fhrjr2 loves this.
jbthatsmejbthatsme likes this.
anaana likes this.

Insect repellent lol, love seeing these old bottles. Not sure the date, but it was made in the USA

1. Bootson Bootson, 5 years ago
    I remember using 6-12 when I was a kid. Just imagine how many mosquitoes you can grow in Minnesota, the "Land of Ten Thousand Lakes".
  2. G. Crawford, 4 years ago
    It was very popular when I was young. We used it while in the Que. bush near where I lived and at our Adirondack camp. I can still remember the smell. That and the infamous DDT. Very, very greasy and mildly effective. No where near as effective as todays DEET based products.
  3. gary mcgaha, 4 years ago
    I found a bottle of 6-12 insect repellent in my cold air return while cleaning my ducts.
  4. vintagegal01, 3 months ago
    I remember my grandmother always having a stick of 6-12 in her purse whenever they took us to the Belle Isle zoo or the park or just at a back yard picnic. The ad says its odorless but I remember it had a very distinct smell. Not objectionable at all, very pleasant actually. I remember it was in a small tube about the size of a roll of nickles it had a yelllow tube with blue writing that had a circle with the 6-12 on it. The stuff inside was like a waxy greasy stick the you pushed up from the bottom as you needed it and you just rubbed it on and it lasted for hours. Often wonder why they took it off the market. I found an all natural bug repellant at a local farmers market and the smell brings back memories of the old 6-12 Grandma used to carry. Ahhh the memories!
  5. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 3 months ago
    Back in the 50's everyone had a bottle of 6-12 in their fishing creel or tackle box.