Posted 2 years ago
Curious if anyone can help me with this. I have had this 'vase' for 25 years, and received it as a hand-me-down from my stepmom's mom. I was told at some point it was actually a perfume bottle, and was missing its stopper. I looked around on Ebay, etc, and found very similar bottles to be Baccarat 'rose tiente' - though I can't find my pattern, which look like leaves in vertical rows.
Unfortunately, it has an internal crack at the top opening, and is covered in (don't laugh) candle wax (hey I was a dumb teenager). On the bottom, it is etched either 211 or 112 (I dont know how to hold it when reading this, and the 2 is shaped symmetrically). If you hold it with the numbers on the bottom, it is 211.
Here are my questions:
- Does it appear to be Baccarat rose tiente?
- Has anyone seen this pattern or know what its called? Is it rare (I enjoy the thought of this, not for the value but for its own sake.)
- Does anyone know howl old it is?
- Without the stopper, and with the crack, is it worth anything more than decorative value?
- Any thoughts on removing the wax without cracking it? I guess high heat melting techniques are out. There is wax outside as well as inside.
Any thoughts are appreciated -