Share your favorites on Show & Tell

What is this stuff called?

In Pottery > Show & Tell.
Recent comments26673 of 11545319" Japanese Woman made of IvoryHeavy pottery piece for size
Love it
Like it

rucklczglassrucklczglass loves this.
auraaura loves this.
Mrj303Mrj303 loves this.
thriftfanthriftfan loves this.
standwickstandwick loves this.
wolcott1wolcott1 likes this.
officialfuelofficialfuel likes this.
YardSaleMamaYardSaleMama likes this.
See 6 more
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 5 years ago


(3 items)

This is a small porcelain bud vase. It is heavily decorated with what looks like frosting on a cake. Can anyone put a name to this?

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. standwick, 5 years ago
    all i can say is OMG that is absolutely fantastic! beautiful. and you may give it to me as a gift anyday. i'd cherish it forever, seriously. I LOVE IT>
  2. rucklczglass rucklczglass, 10 months ago
    Hi, this is Japanese. A type of heavy colored porcelain slip decoration added to the body of the vase and fired again in the kiln, the term for it is moriage.
    Very popular end of 19th and early 20th century for export to the Western markets.

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.