Deagan Tube Amplifier

In Guitars > Guitar Amplifiers > Show & Tell.
Guitar Amplifiers19 of 26My 1937 Gibson EH-150 Guitar AmpOld tele star amp

officialfuelofficialfuel likes this.

fatdogstudio
(1 item)

I picked up this amp at a garage sale for $100.00. Can't find any info about it except that Deagan was bought out by Yamaha in the 1960's. The thing is a powerhouse of a guitar amp. It has a custom speaker jack (recently installed) to hook up to a speaker cab. I run it into a bass cab and it is incredible for bass guitar also. Does anyone know anything about this or what it might be worth. Seems to be quite rare.

Comments

1. RobVee RobVee, 2 years ago
    Deagan still exists making chimes and other percussive instruments.
    Example:
    Here is the history of the company:

Can you take more pictures of the amplifier section? More than likely it was made by another company like Valco for Deagan. Great score for $100.00!

2. RobVee RobVee, 2 years ago
    BTW, that was more than likely built for an accordion than a bass or guitar. Believe it or not, in the 50's to mid 60's, the accordion was about as popular as guitar. I still cant figure out why you would want to amplify an accordian?
  3. fatdogstudio, 2 years ago
    Thanks for commenting RobVee. I have added two more photos. It's still somewhat of mystery so I appreciate the info.
    I knew Deagan was still around and I thought this might be an amp for some sort of bells, marimba or other related instruments from the companies past.
  4. fatdogstudio, 2 years ago
    The little panel with the three out put jacks is an add on for external bass speaker cab and different ohms which also turns off the amp speaker. The amp is killer for guitar or bass.
  5. RobVee RobVee, 2 years ago
    Are there any markings on the transformer bells? Looks like some resistors were replaced.
  6. fatdogstudio, 2 years ago
    Yes, I my amp guy did replace a few things. I have all the parts still. I posted a new pic of the transformers with markings.

7. RobVee RobVee, 2 years ago
    Its a tough one, you can write and send pics to : ValcoPages@hotmail.com to see if it is a Valco. He appreciates pictures of old amps like this. It looks similar to some Valco's I've seen but I can't say 100%. Send him some pics, he would know if anyone.

Web site: