VERY RARE 1940's GE Pepsi Cooler

In Advertising > Pepsi > Show & Tell.
Pepsi106 of 121PEPSI COLA SIGN, VERY VERY RARE, AMERICAN ART WORKS 1905Diet pepsi light

ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
sdancesdance loves this.
toolate2toolate2 loves this.
olegaclockman47olegaclockman47 loves this.
KnivesnsuchKnivesnsuch loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.

metalman

This is a 1940's General Electric Pepsi cooler Standard. It is a wet cooler and still works. The cap catcher is in the unit I just need to install it.
This machine is 100% original, no touch ups and is complete. Has its share of scratches but for it's age is in great shape.
These coolers are very rare because they are embossed on all sides including the back, 6 Pepsi embossed logos. The top of the cooler has 2 embossed logos in great shape. It's my favorite of all machines because of the 6 embossed Pepsi logos, even though I bleed Coca Cola.

Comments

1. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
  2. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
    Thanks Knivesnsuch
  3. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
    Thank you olegaclockman47 for your love
  4. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
  5. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
    Thanks for looking sdance this is one of my favorite
  6. collector6777, 3 years ago
    Man where did you get that at? I've heard of these things and seen them but never in person. It is even cooler that you got it in such great shape!
  7. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
    collector6777, I found this in a small town in Eastern Washington. Can't believe the condition, does have some scratches but for her age beautiful. I just put the cap catcher on so now 100%.
  8. Dan, 3 years ago
    That is in fantastic shape. I have the same unit in need of restoration. Any idea what its worth. Missing the lower panels but have everything else. Oh, I just plugged it in and the motor ran.
  9. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
    Thank you very much vinylrecordsaddicted!
  10. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
    Dan, I can tell you if yours needs restoration and everything was there value is $850-$1000.
    Now if restored hard telling right now, these double dots are rare and if someone really wants it well.....
    I'm not selling mine love it toooo much. Would love to see your machine, can you post a couple pics?
  11. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
  12. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
    Thank you atakaki !
  13. rustyboltz rustyboltz, 3 years ago
    what a nice looking original machine. Hard to find in this kind of condtion. You have a keeper.
  14. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
    Thanks for looking youngpicker96!
  15. Hedgewalker Hedgewalker, 3 years ago
    Wow ! What a looker !! And it looks like it just came out of the box.Beautiful
  16. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
  17. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
    Thanks for your comments Hedgewalker, it was in storage for many years , I believe I am the third owner.
  18. magcag01, 3 years ago
    Its a beauty. Great looking machine. You don,t see a lot
    of these.
  19. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
    Thanks for your comments magcag03 , best thing its never been touched 100% original .have a good weekend
  20. BRIAN KAISER, 3 years ago
    Just bought the same machine, looks like all the pump and lines are cut off and gone, but overall the shell is in great shape and complete, yours is awsome
  21. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
    That sounds great Brian congrats, where did you find it? Jeff
  22. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
    Thank you Purpleisafruit6 for the love!
  23. armyrn, 3 years ago
    Metalman awesome find. I just picked one up at an auction. Now i am looking for a compressor (original is wasted) to match. does anybody here know of someone who can help???

24. MarilynD826 MarilynD826, 3 years ago
    Its such a coincidence that I should come across this post....I just watched Rick Dale restore the same exact Pepsi Cooler, right down to matching the exact color ( which is NO longer available) this past Friday night...You should have seen the sight of it before he restored it, it was so rusty and really in horrible shape....and when it was finished...OMG, so beautiful..maybe better than the original. Rick can restore anything, and if you haven't seen his show, you should all check it out (the items he has are fantastic) Perhaps, even try to see the episode with this Pepsi Cooler. In any event it comes on the HISTORY CHANNEL on Friday Nights at 10.00pm, the name is AMERICAN RESTORATION...you can check for your local listings for your areas. You can also view episodes and learn all about Rick and his Crew on http://www.History.com under TV SHOWS...You wont be disappointed, He is amazing! Oh and BTW, @armyrn...theres also an area on the website where you can be on the show, if you have something that needs restoring....Hey ya never know!!!
  25. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
    Thanks for the comments MarilynD826 I love that show but didnt see the episode where he restored this machine , I will look it up .very cool , have a great day
  26. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
    Thank you very much mtg75 !
  27. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
  28. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
    Thank you very much ThriftStoreAddict !
  29. armyrn, 3 years ago
    Thanks Metalman, found my cooler on the auction site Liveauctioneer.com
    item was in philadelphia, pa. Thanks marilyn i'll check that episode out.
  30. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
    Thats great armyrn , l love that site
  31. Ed Zachary , 3 years ago
    I just the twinto ur cooler . Any idea of it's worth ?
  32. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
    Thanks for all the love armyrn , Longings and packrat-place !
  33. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
    Thanks for the love fifties50s
  34. metalman metalman, 3 years ago
    Thank you Lostinspace !
  35. maverickman, 6 days ago
    Hey metalman I know I'm a little late on post but I just became a member. And I have to say I love your GE. Pepsi cooler out of all the pictures on the web you have the nicest example and its all original..! (Amazing) you just can't find em like that... But to the point I recently acquired a GE Pepsi cooler just like yours but in a lot worse shape... But I am about to start the restoration process I had to save it from a guy that was going to do a horrible thingand cut it up and scrap it..! So I had to save it and give it a new life but I have a problem unfortunately its missing the inspection panels and the cap catcher and I can't seem to find any or any info so was wondering if it was possible that you could post some pictures,email,text which ever is easier for you some up close pictures or maybe even some demensions if possible if I can get some pictures and demensions I am going to trying fabricate them at least the inspection panels and hopefully with your help I can make them and get the restoration process under way but i look forward to hearing from you..! (thanks again)
  36. maverickman, 4 days ago
    (Need help) looking for the cap catcher and lower vented inspection panels..? So if there is anyone that ownes or knows anything about the 1940s general electric Pepsi cooler and would wana help me out I know its a pain but I can't seem to find any info/parts/pictures/demensions or anything so I'm really hoping someone on here might possibly have some info or maybe even might know where I could possibly find the parts.. If I can't find em i am going to try and fabricate the inspection panels (i think thats what they are called) if not?( im talking about the vented panels one the bottom of the cooler that hides the compressor motor and all the mechanics underneath) if I have to I can fabricate the panels if i had detailed pictures and demensions of them or any information at all of the lower inspection panels. it would be a tremendous help..! I would greatly appreciate any help or info anyone could offer. Thanks...