My Great Great Grandpa's civil war discharge paper

In Paper > Documents > Show & Tell and Military and Wartime > Civil War > Show & Tell.
Documents185 of 1991839 PROPERTY TITLEPassport of Germany's 1st President

stepback_antiquesstepback_antiques loves this.
VikingFan82VikingFan82 loves this.
antiquesareamazingantiquesareamazing loves this.
marcobabe13marcobabe13 loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
oilman514oilman514 loves this.

cocacolaki…

My grandma's not dead, she's 80, but we want to get the story behind all the items before she does pass. So as we were cleaning out some stuff, my aunt puts tape of peoples names so we know who wants what. My aunt decided to get me stuck with my 2x great grandpa's discharge paper, veterns flag, and some history in this shadow box, not saying it's a bad thing! The discharge paper is really cool. It hangs above my 1773 newspaper.

Comments

1. scottvez scottvez, 3 years ago
    If you post his name and unit, I'd be happy to provide you with some detailed information on him.

Scott
  2. cocacolakid97 cocacolakid97, 3 years ago
    He was part of the 6th Ohio Volunteers and his name was Aaron Davis from licking county, Ohio.
  3. scottvez scottvez, 3 years ago
    Enlisted on 11/25/1862 as a Private, at 19 years old.

On 12/30/1862 he mustered into "6th Indp" Co. OH SharpShooters

Promoted to CPL 1/4/1864

He was Mustered Out on 7/19/1865

Scott
  4. scottvez scottvez, 3 years ago
    Here is the unit history from the NPS/ Dyers Compendium:

6th Independent Company, Ohio Sharpshooters

Organized at Camp Cleveland, Ohio, and mustered in December 30, 1862. At Headquarters of Generals Rosecrans and Thomas, Commanding Army and Dept. of the Cumberland, March, 1863, to July, 1865. Mustered out July 19, 1865.
  5. cocacolakid97 cocacolakid97, 3 years ago
    Thank you guys for all the intresting info!
  6. davismw2000, 3 years ago
    Aaron's discharge papers nice He is my Great Great grandfather as well as a matter of fact I am the son of Floyd Davis Jr thanks for sharing our family history. Do you have any more pieces
  7. VikingFan82 VikingFan82, 3 years ago
    This is amazing! I wish I had this much from my Civil War ancestors.