Posted 2 years ago
Eugen Ferner Sterling Silver Candelabra
Does anyone know anything about this? I inherited a sterling silver 11-piece Eugen Ferner candelabra that is in perfect condition stamped 1960 and 1961. My great-Aunt and her husband that was a major in the army, were stationed in Germany, where the Ferners used to go door-to-door at that time in the military housing areas. It appears to be one-of-a-kind as I have only found online where he had made coffee, tea service, and punchbowl sets.
This is the information that I have so far:
• was a Stuttgart, Germany, area silversmith active in the mid-20th century.
• was founder and owner of the Eugen Ferner factory for silverware there.
• Pattern Heidleburg Rose pattern
• is Eugen Ferner’s son who was born in Schwäbisch Gmünd in 1928.
• started as an apprentice at his father's factory and took his master's degree in 1952.
• set up his own workshop in Gmünd in 1956.
• taught at the academy at Nürnberg in 1963-1964.
• opened up a shop for jewelry, cutlery etc. in 1968
• since 1971, Peter Ferner was vice president of the "association of German jewellers, gold- and silversmiths", the so-called "Zentralverband "
• Pattern Frankfurt