1942 Nazi Swastika coin WW2 1 Reichspfennig 'A'

In Military and Wartime > World War Two > Show & Tell and World Coins > German Coins > Show & Tell.
World War Two718 of 940War Stories from the PhilippinesPictures of my poppa in WW2!!

tom61375tom61375 loves this.
anandanand loves this.
mikesim28mikesim28 likes this.
zenabi87zenabi87 likes this.

ellie2239

1942 Nazi Swastika coin WW2 1 Reichspfennig 'A'

i got it from an online auction, i like wartime things!
anyone have anymore info?

Comments

1. Driewer Driewer, 3 years ago
    I see these all the time on ebay, They go real cheep, I never knew if they were fake or real, so I allways steered away from them.
  2. Chrisnp Chrisnp, 3 years ago
    I actually got the Nazi 10 pfening version of this in my change when I was living in West Germany in about 1980! It's still in a jar along with wheat cents, worn out mercury dimes and the odd foreign coins I've found in my change over the years. They might not be worth much, but they are pretty cool.
  3. ellie2239 ellie2239, 3 years ago
    i like collecting coins like this because i love the designs on them, there so interesting, and i have found really collectable coins in my change to, I've even gotten 10 pence coin a a couple of times which is weird :)
  4. Driewer Driewer, 3 years ago
    I have a 1928 1 Dollar bill that my Grandfather got in change last year, I thought it was cool so I bought it from him for a dollar. That is pretty cool that you found one in change!
  5. ellie2239 ellie2239, 3 years ago
    cool bills are hard to come by here because im in Canada lol, we don't have dollar bills and stuff:( but i do have one i found that's Canadian from 1954, i like the designs:)
  6. Chrisnp Chrisnp, 3 years ago
    If collecting something brings you joy, I think that's a better reason than worrying about it's resale value. If you get to discover it, like in your change, I think it can be even better.
  7. ellie2239 ellie2239, 3 years ago
    i completely agree with you:)
  8. ellie2239 ellie2239, 3 years ago
    lol:) yes, i agree
  9. Driewer Driewer, 3 years ago
    My question is, The guy that sells these, how does he have hundreds, maybe even thousands of them?
  10. Chrisnp Chrisnp, 3 years ago
    I guess because there were millions of them to begin with. My thought is why bother to fake something that's so common that you won't get a decent return on your time and expense? Right now I have a jar full of change a few feet away from me, mostly pennies. Perhaps the seller came across a similar cashe of WWII German coins? *shrug*
  11. n. williams, 2 years ago
    I just found a 10 relthspfennig from 1942. It isn't worth much because after 1940 they were made with zinc. But, as it still contains amounts of a semi-precious metal, at least it's worth something!