Brunswick Portable 78RPM Record Player

In Records > Show & Tell.
Records1092 of 1139Records and Blondie Picture Disc1950's RCA Victor 45J Record Player

JHERTLJHERTL loves this.
kygurl32kygurl32 loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
SigPrices.comSigPrices.com likes this.
tikiraytikiray loves this.
waxheadwaxhead loves this.
rammaramma loves this.
lisalisa loves this.
TallerThanNapoleonTallerThanNapoleon loves this.
fugs66fugs66 loves this.

FLHRci01

I recently went to a garage sale where an elderly gentleman was selling a huge collection of old records including several 78's with original sleeves for a quarter a piece. I love old 45's and never owned any 78's but I fell in love with the nostalgia of them immediately. I spent over 3 hours searching through them and picking out different labels and artists. I've never acquired a collection so fast and for so little. That inspired me to hunt for a player and I found this one at a local flea market for $40. It's not in perfect shape but it works well and the sound of those old records it so cool it makes it well worth every penny.

Comments

1. TallerThanNapoleon TallerThanNapoleon, 4 years ago
    What an amazing find! What are some of the records you bought?
  2. ramma ramma, 4 years ago
    mounth a new needle, and this one will turn out some exiting music, thats for sure
  3. FLHRci01, 4 years ago
    Thanks. A lot of stuff from the 20's and 30's like Bing Crosby, The King Cole Trio, Eddy Arnold, even a couple old Hank Williams. I chose a lot of ones from different labels like Victor, Wards Electronics, Delta, Columbia, Silvertone, RCA, Conqueror (Sears and Roebuck) , etc. The label are and sleeves were really interesting.
  4. waxhead waxhead, 4 years ago
    I love the 45s too and i really wasnt interested in 78s but my new turntable plays 78s and i own two of them after listening i found that i really like the music its from a different time and so different from modern music.
  5. SigPrices.com SigPrices.com, 4 years ago
    very impressive find!
  6. FLHRci01, 4 years ago
    Waxhead I completely agree. I couldn't believe how different the music sounded. Takes you back to another time for sure.
  7. Savoychina1 Savoychina1, 4 years ago
    Like in the GREEN MILE when John Coffey is watching the flicker picture and they are playing "Heaven, I'm in heaven..." the music transports...
  8. JHERTL JHERTL, 2 years ago
    We got one a while back and we were so afraid we would over crank it lol.
    We were surprised to find out how frequently you have to change the needle.
    It is like being transported back in time.