My dad"s pottery

In Native American > Native American Pottery > Show & Tell.
Native American Pottery98 of 129Ancient WhistleOLD CLAY SNAKE LEG NATIVE AMERICAN/MEXICAN POT-NOT SURE-HELP!!!

capt546
(1 item)

My dad passed these down to me before he died in 1976. The only information is that he had lived in Arizona and New Mexico in the 1920's and he apparently picked them up during that time because he never went back and I remember them as a young fellow in the 40's & 50's. There are no marks. The small piece in the last photo has rasied designs and is quite beautiful. The other pieces appear to be painted. There is no damages to any of the pieces.
Can anyone tell me what they are? I have traveled the southwest on vacation for decades and have never seen anything quite like them.

Regards,
Captain Mike
Texas

Comments

1. William Nighthawk Hull, 3 years ago
    In your second picture is a water pitcher because I have one almost identical same style and earthy paint tones. It was given to me in 1985 from a 94 yr old woman who told me it was Antique Acoma pottery. I have never seen any items like mine until now.
  2. Stillwater Stillwater, 2 years ago
    Numbers 1 and 2 are Mexican, if they are old, there might be some value to them. Number 3 is Native American, number 4, can't tell. Number 3 is your best piece there.
  3. ho2cultcha ho2cultcha, 2 years ago
    The bowl in number 3 is Acoma Pueblo - i'm pretty sure. the 4th pic may be Acoma as well, but it's hard to say from the photo. are those two signed underneath?
  4. ho2cultcha ho2cultcha, 2 years ago
    the first two are Tonala pottery from mexico - extremely common, but might have some value if they're early - as stillwater says.
  5. Stillwater Stillwater, 2 years ago