1920's glass beads

In Costume Jewelry > Czech and Bohemian Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Czech and Bohemian Costume Jew…32 of 40Blue necklaceGreen Czech glass.

AnneLandersAnneLanders loves this.
Ted_StraubTed_Straub loves this.
freiheitfreiheit loves this.
aldo78aldo78 loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
vintagemadvintagemad loves this.

valentino97

I love old glass beads and have collected some very nice examples over the years - these are from my "Yellow & brown" stash. These gorgeous items - from 1920?-40: facets, pressed, Czech, Egyptian revival?

Picked them up over the years any old place. I read that brown was not a popular collector color, so maybe why I could find some fantastic pieces for not too much $$$ cashola. Originally posted this a year ago w/scanned images, these pix aren't perfect but better than those original scans. Wanted to show how lovely these old glass beads are.

Comments

1. vintagemad vintagemad, 3 years ago
    I love the last two! I your correct about time frame, as well as type and style.
  2. Stillwater Stillwater, 2 years ago
    I love old Czech glass beads, so diverse!
  3. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
    Thank you both - I love these old glass beads - made well and held up for so many years didn't they? I don't like to take them out of their original designs unless too many beads are missing to redo a necklace or bracelet - then I use them in my jewelry designs.
  4. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Thank you Lee and Nadia for looking at these and loving them.
  5. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    I got some lose glass beads from my grandmother (probably from the same time period than yours) and turned them into necklaces - but they didn't turn out that nice. You inspired me to look for them and possibly post them too:)
    I like the brown ones - they go so well with fall colours!
  6. Newtimes Newtimes, 1 year ago
    The last one is georgeous. I love brown jewelry too.
  7. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Hi Freiheit - would love to see your necklaces, please post them. I love these Fall colors too! I like restoring these close to original designs - one trick is to put small (size 15 or 11) glass beads, or clear facet size 4 or 6mm rondell beads in between your graduated beads unless you are good at knotting between beads (the way they may have originally been strung.) I am NOT good at knotting.

Some of these old 20's-30's necklaces were REALLY short - 15" - 16" and not easy to wear so by adding the little beads between and maybe an 1" or so at the clasp - you're making a 17-19" necklace that is much more flattering. The other necklaces from the time were the long 30" plus flapper beads - easier to wear and double up.

These beautiful old glass beads are becoming harder to find. I just love them and so happy to hear you have saved your Grandmother's.
  8. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Thank you Newtimes for looking at these. The last one is an example of a restrung. The flowers are pressed glass and original w/the pyramid glass beads. I added some old 30's hematite grey 3-cut glass beads and the very cool ribbed brass screw closure. My favorite in #3 is the 2nd from left strung on metal chain. And of course the beautiful faceted yellow gold beads in #2.
  9. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
    Thank you Manikin and Sean for your love.