National Cash Register

In Coin Operated > Cash Registers > Show & Tell.
Cash Registers38 of 61National Cash Register #720antique 1913 cash register

mjpicker
(1 item)

Hey guys, I picked up this National cash register at a local garage sale with the hopes that it would be a rare model and be worth more than I paid. I have attempted to find out about it on the internet but had no luck with finding one with the same model and serial #. From what I gather, the fact that I cannot find it on the internet may mean that I have found a rare model. Hopefully you can tell me a little more about what I have and if it is rare. If it is possible, I would like to get a ballpark value for it as well. The model # is 1088 and the serial # is 3491892 (as you can see in the picture). Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks a ton and happy pickin!!

Mike J. (Panama City, FL)

Comments

1. youngblood youngblood, 3 years ago
    Hello, I have a National Cash register exactly like yours. if you reach inside the drawer i believe next to the back on the right hand side push the pin up so you can remove it, and look on the bottom of the drawer, mine has a dated sticker Jan. 11th 1946 'in service date" at I.H. Crews Dept. store in Winston Salem NC. Hopes this helps...PS I gave $35 for mine on a pick,,,,I have asked $250 at local flea markets & everyone wants to make the bells ring but no body has made an offer yet????? But, I still Like it !!!
  2. Pop_abides Pop_abides, 3 years ago
    youngblood do not discuss prices and sales here please
  3. youngblood youngblood, 3 years ago
    @ pop>>>>Sorry, Didnt Know you were the security administrator of this site !!!but in the discription above I Quote.......... ""Hopefully you can tell me a little more about what I have and if it is rare. If it is possible, I would like to get a ballpark value for it as well.""" .......Thats what was asked & Thats all I have did !! ........Wasn't trying to buy it !! Nor help sell it ! Nor Sell mine ! Only help with the ""BallPark Value"" asked. ..... Opinions, Opinions, everybody has one...but Facts stand Alone.
  4. mjpicker, 3 years ago
    Thanks, Youngblood! I appreciate the response. It's been on there for awhile now and has had no comments. Don't worry about Popabides. I was beggining to think this site was worthless till you put your two-cents in. If you can't discuss prices, then whats the good?? I think it's worth $250 all day long. I wasn't as fortunate as you to get it for $35 but I should be able to make a little profit anyways. Happy bidding......Take care!!
  5. youngblood youngblood, 3 years ago
    @ mjpicker, you're very welcome ! I hope my comment helps you. True value on old stuff as you well know is what that particular person at that time is willing to pay. I to think it should bring $250 all day and to the right market even more. Another Tip....I have been told not to put WD40 on the inner workings of the machine because it will eventually "gum up" but to use 3 in 1 machine oil it will last and not cause harm. Good Luck on your future Picks my Friend and keep the Old stuff circulating !!!
  6. Pop_abides Pop_abides, 3 years ago
    YEA, pick on the old guy !
  7. youngblood youngblood, 3 years ago
    Nahh pop,,,Not pickin' on ya ! Utmost respect to ya !
  8. youngblood youngblood, 3 years ago
    @AR8Jason.....we can agree......its a heavy rascal !!! But functional or fancy depends on the selection to choose from when its right in front of you. There are alot of Ebay'ers out at there & and that has seemed to educate just about everyone.....but try paying shipping on 60+lbs on top of the $100 you give and guess what.........back to $250....lol !! "Buy it Now" prices I'm sure we can agree again are not true indicators of Value !! Actual "Bids" can help determine !!! But,, Flea Markets & Yard sales for me anyways... !!!