Images of my collections #1

In Lamps > Art Deco Lamps > Show & Tell.
Art Deco Lamps238 of 291Art Deco Alabaster Lamp?30's Aeroplane Lamp

wolcott1wolcott1 loves this.
vanskyock24vanskyock24 loves this.
rocker-sdrocker-sd loves this.
peteeonepeteeone loves this.
ArisellonArisellon likes this.

PhilDavidA…

I have collected 2 wonderful leapard skin rugs, tons of blue mirrors ( and hey, the best ones were made in Canada) a bar with peach tone mirrors, the fantastic lamp is from 1930, possibly one of the finest ever seen of this kind, with blue glass shafts and lites up 2 places at bottom and the top of course. The Russian stereo bar has the most beautiful wood veneer finish and the bar part lites up also. The lamp is 6 feet 7 inches high !!~

The onyx pedestal in the first photo was in the collection of Toller Cranston, the figure skater, and was in his auction in 1991 in which he sold virtually everything he owned. A 3 day auction. He wanted to paint and preferred to have no distractions as he thought "why paint when there are so many beautiful things around me" so he sold everything so he could paint in very sparse surroundings !~

So many things some now packed away for years !!~

Comments

1. Arisellon Arisellon, 3 years ago
    Wow...what happened to it all?
  2. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 3 years ago
    Nothing happened to it.
  3. peteeone peteeone, 3 years ago
    Wow, a beautiful collection you had/have. Do you own a retail store also or is all this from your private collection? It all looks so wonderful together.
  4. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 3 years ago
    I sell occasionally, but never did sell thru ebay ever, maybe someday I may if it is not too hard to do.
  5. AmberRose AmberRose, 3 years ago
    Love all your pieces! I have a side table that seems to match your center table with the ladies. Can you tell me any history you have on it? I will try and get a picture of mine up so you can see. Really beautiful room.
  6. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 3 years ago
    The centre table has 4 amazons with hooded capes, their outstretched arms upheld as cayatids. They wear a bra and very short skirt underneath. I did see an identical table up for auction about 2 months ago, although it did not have the marble top, just the wood top which was slightly upraised, and I did not like that, almost as if unfinished without the marble.
  7. ThriftStoreAddict ThriftStoreAddict, 3 years ago
    My friend owns an antique store and she has that exact stereo bar for sale. I have always wanted it but I live in a tiny house--under 700 sq ft. Don't have room for such large whimsical items. :(
  8. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 3 years ago
    Great, if you do buy it, the ones with the Russian stereo was the best, also there are quite a few versions so make sure it is of good quality, particularly the stereo and wood.
  9. ThriftStoreAddict ThriftStoreAddict, 3 years ago
    Thank you. I'll remember those tips.
  10. rlwindle rlwindle, 3 years ago
    The bar is killer, love the flamingos, the statues and other accoutrements are the icing on the cake, fantastic room and collection.
  11. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 3 years ago
    Thank you kindly, it seemed so easy back then to create wonderful fun rooms and I had all the visitors some stopping almost weekly to see what was new. It was a time and a galaxy of fun never to be re-duplicated !!~
  12. rocker-sd rocker-sd, 3 years ago
    Nice, I see what you mean about the Beswick Palm Tree Vases. It's funny I had never noticed them before. I have alamp that has a very similar lady with outstreched arms, like your table. I'll try to post a picture. I love it when you post the room shots, it's like your inviting us into your home. It gives objects much more interest seeing them displayed as a collection.
  13. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 3 years ago
    If you ever handled one, you would really know. The beswick palm tree are more popular in England and Canada, and a fair amount were sold in Canada, jewelry stores etc. Some I got were wedding presents from the people I bought them from.
  14. rocker-sd rocker-sd, 3 years ago
    I just posted some pictures of a lamp that looks very similar to your table in the third picture. Take a look.
  15. Hedgewalker Hedgewalker, 3 years ago
    Wow the legs on the table and rockers lamp are pretty much identical !! Very Very cool !!!!!!!!!!
  16. rocker-sd rocker-sd, 3 years ago
    Yeah, now we know where Madona got her costume inspiration.
  17. lundy lundy, 3 years ago
    nice pict over mantje
  18. artislove artislove, 2 years ago
    wow you seem like a handsome man on top of the world thanx for sharing all your beauty in return i wish you happyness because i know that is not garanteed good luck and thanx again
  19. inky inky, 2 years ago
    Great collection of Beswick!... I love that colour!...:-)
  20. l.a.lady l.a.lady, 2 years ago
    I love the statues on the fireplace. I also have never seen the blue mirrors, what a fantastic room! love it
  21. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you for all the loves inky, senchi, blunderbuss2, ho2cultcha, artislove, Budek, BeauxPurdy, BELLIN68, lundy, kerry10456, Hedgewalker, officialfuel, rlwindle, wolcott1, vanskyock24, rocker-sd, peteeone and Arisellon !~
  22. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago
    STUNNING!!!!
  23. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you for the loves, a lot of it is better arranged and not so clumped together now, thanks again Moonstonelover21, DrFluffy, SEAN68, pickrknows, pops52, Manikin, bratjdd, & l.a.lady !~
  24. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Beyond spendid Phil . It is fit for a King ! I had to love it again xoxo
  25. freiheit freiheit, 1 year ago
    I am speechless! (It doesn't happen too often)
  26. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you Mani, had some wonderful days and my living room was where I sold a lot of my pictures of what I painted, sometimes at christmas I did very well !~
  27. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you for all the loves senchi, blunderbuss2, artislove, Budek, BeauxPurdy, lundy, kerry10456, Hedgewalker, officialfuel, rlwindle, wolcott1, vanskyock24, rocker-sd, peteeone, Arisellon !~
  28. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you for all the loves smiata, Manikin, ho2cultcha, freiheit, cogito !~
  29. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 10 months ago
    Wow you have some gorgeous things here Phil.
  30. Jono Jono, 10 months ago
    Happy New Year Phil!
  31. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 10 months ago
    Thanks kindly for the loves Jono, ttomtucker, vintagecarmascot, tom61375, lampaddict,Moonstonelover21.
  32. upstatenycollector upstatenycollector, 8 months ago
    That's awesome, Phil! I've actually seen one of the blue ones. That's almost enough Deco, even for me!!!
  33. upstatenycollector upstatenycollector, 8 months ago
    Beautiful house. I love the blue chairs too!
  34. tom61375 tom61375, 7 months ago
    Beyond overly-impressing! =^•
  35. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 month ago
    Thanks bratjdd, aghcollect, artdecogirl, Radegunder for the loves, love back to you !~