Amber colored cruet

In Glassware > Show & Tell.
Glassware3292 of 4311cruet with great linesFENTON OVG FINE CUT AND BLOCK FAIRY LAMP

tom61375tom61375 loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
Shawnl86Shawnl86 loves this.
pickergirl10pickergirl10 likes this.

cindyjune

Another pretty cruet found that I have no idea of the pattern. I have been trying to learn about glass but find there are so many types, so many patterns, don't really know where to start

Mystery Solved

Comments

1. AmberRose AmberRose, 3 years ago
    I agree. I finally just bought a couple of books and waded in. Now I almost feel more at sea, knowing what I don't know!
  2. Paul71 Paul71, 3 years ago
    Very nice. Dewey pattern, Indiana Tumbler and Goblet Company, aka as "Greentown" because the factory was in Greentown Indiana. Factory burned to the ground in June 1903 and was never rebuilt. You have the original stopper which is great to find.
  3. cindyjune cindyjune, 3 years ago
    Hi AmberRose,
    Iagree the books on glass are so full on information my eyes cross! I think I should just focus on a couple of types of glass to avoid the confusion. Good luck and I would love to know if you uncover anything outstanding!
  4. glassloversglassdatabase glassloversglassdatabase, 3 years ago
    If you want to learn about glass try glassloverglassdatabase dot com.
  5. cindyjune cindyjune, 3 years ago
    I will certainly look at that site right now!
  6. Shawnl86 Shawnl86, 3 years ago
    Lovely Little Greentown Piece Cindy!
  7. cindyjune cindyjune, 3 years ago
    Thanks Shawnl86. I think I like it best of all the amber color pieces I have!
  8. Shawnl86 Shawnl86, 3 years ago
    I really like Green Town I purchased a pack of Books on it since there are so many reproductions, but I’ve only got one piece, I want a Red Agate Green Town Dolphin but their very rare and expensive, maybe someday!
  9. cindyjune cindyjune, 3 years ago
    I need to buy some books that show me different colors and styles of Greentown as well. I'm quite sure this is the real deal as I found it at an apartment cleanout at an elderly woman's home. She had many old pieces and she herself was in her
    late eighties. She was a wonderful woman.
  10. Paul71 Paul71, 3 years ago
    Cindy, Greetown has a national collector's club and they do a monthly newsletter publication that contains interesting articles, photos, and current information.

The cruet was not reproduced, so yes, you have an old piece. See:
  11. cindyjune cindyjune, 3 years ago
    Thanks Paul, I will definitely get on the newsletter publication.