Miniature Chair "salesman sample " ?

In Furniture > Victorian Furniture > Show & Tell.
Victorian Furniture139 of 194mahogany victorian hall stand with cast iron umbrella traysVictorian Parlor Table?

tom61375tom61375 loves this.
ThriftStoreAddictThriftStoreAddict loves this.
hotkittieshotkitties loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel likes this.
HedgewalkerHedgewalker loves this.

TeresaD

Carved miniature queen anne style chair
the picture was taken of it sitting in a normal size chair
The Carving work was done very nicely it is in need of repair
Could it be a Doll chair or even one that was for taking to businesses so they can see the workmanship put into the actual normal size
chair before they purchased the real deal

Comments

1. Hedgewalker Hedgewalker, 3 years ago
    I want the full sized version.Very nice !A little big for doll furniture maybe salesman sample?Someone here will know.
  2. TeresaD TeresaD, 3 years ago
    Thats what I was thinking but wasn't for sure
  3. Tom Aliotta, 3 years ago
    Just bought one about the same size. I don't know anything about the subject and wish I could get information on it. I also bought the settee to match it with that deep burgandy velvet cloth. the oval backed chair is done in a diomand pattern. The carving is beautiful. I was reading on another site, about the original victorian homes would decorate a childs room with size appropriate furniture. Do you know what your piece is valued at?
  4. TeresaD TeresaD, 3 years ago
    No I can't find anyone is give me any information What did you pay for yours
    If you dont mind me asking I got mine at a thrift store I got it four 20 quarters
  5. peggy lemons, 3 years ago
    This looks like Pelham Shell & Leckie work as the rose work is very similar to the
    His and Her Tufted chairs that I just got, but, mine has the woodwork is at the top high back.
    I didn't see tufting on your chair. Hope this helps.
  6. TeresaD TeresaD, 3 years ago
    Very similar the one I have is 22" high
    I love it its so small I need to get it fixed though
  7. ld7412, 2 years ago
    It's probably a Laurel Crown Miniature Victorian Spoon-Back Armchair - ½ Scale
    CODE: CGF1/2 - . I bought a pair like it on ebay.