My Stromberg Carlson Phone

In Telephones > Stromberg Carlson Telephones > Show & Tell.
Stromberg Carlson Telephones6 of 17Stromberg-Carlson Intercom phonesUS Instruments/Stromberg Carlson Sound Powered Military Phones

blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
bpoelpbpoelp loves this.
mtn_manmtn_man loves this.
Purpleisafruit6Purpleisafruit6 loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
hotkittieshotkitties loves this.

Buzta

I got this phone after my grandfather passed. It was in rough cosmetic shape, but it seemed to work. I cleaned it up and here it is. The mouthpiece was broken and unable to be used. I did recover the piece of paper in the mouthpiece where the phone number was displayed and instructions to "Speak Directly Into The Mouthpiece". I haven't been able to find info on this particular model though. I could use some help there.

Mystery Solved

Comments

1. ttomtucker ttomtucker, 3 years ago
    Alfred Stromberg and Androv Carlson went into partnership in 1894. This was the start of the Stromberg-Carlson Telephone Manufacturing Company in Chicago. In 1903 tthe company moved to Rochester, NY and incorporated. Your 1912 two box wall telephone was manufactured in golden oak or walnut.
  2. Buzta Buzta, 3 years ago
    Thanks Tom! Well, I don't know much about phones but I do know wood, and this is oak. Is there a model number or name with these?
  3. ttomtucker ttomtucker, 3 years ago
    I believe the wall telephone is a model #17 which is furnish with a number 22 triplet, with a 7-B transmitter and a 3-A receiver. You have a nice looking two boxer wall telephone.
  4. Buzta Buzta, 3 years ago
    Thanks to Tom: SOLVED Thank You!
  5. bpoelp, 2 years ago
    I love your telephone! I just found one in an antique store but the battery box with the writing pad/pencil holder wood box part at the bottom is missing (all left is cast iron inner tray battery sat in). I would love to get dimensions and a pic of the bottom so that I can have it reproduced. Anyone have those details willing to share? bpoelp@comcast.net. Thanks!