Jewelled Gemstone Globe & Aeroplane Models.

In Toys > Model Airplanes > Show & Tell and Military and Wartime > World War Two > Show & Tell.
Model Airplanes84 of 92celluloid Spirit of St. LouisOld Toys of Mine

peteypetey loves this.
BeauxPurdyBeauxPurdy loves this.
rocker-sdrocker-sd loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
RonMRonM loves this.

PhilDavidA…

I always used to admire the small gemstone globes in Jewellers windows. As I was trying to bid on an airplane at an auction in Essex, I wanted to try out my bid online, so I sometimes try another piece first. And the first lot was a large jewelled globe, which it appears I will get delivered in a few days, so I wanted to post this photo first. I may have to sell it, but then again, I'll not be too hasty as aeroplanes sometimes go good with globes.
The globe was received and it is 18 inches in height which is as big as the gemstone globes got to be.

In my TV room I have several of my buys in collecting airplane models & the airplane ashtrays I collect. I have got some good advice and I am now happy with my collection as I also have some metal desk display models which are quite valuable, a good investment and hard to find.

Comments

1. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 2 years ago
    Thanks all for the loves Manikin, pops52, officialfuel, petey, mustangtony, BeauxPurdy, rocker-sd, BELLIN68, ttomtucker, & RonM !~
  2. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 2 years ago
    Thank you bratjdd for the love, much appreciated !~
  3. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 2 years ago
    Yes, I know what it feels like. When we were kids we got some clothes and maybe one toy present for Christmas. I had to go over to the neighbours to visit to see all the toys I dreamed of ! Thanks for the comment and the love Eye.
  4. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thanks aghcollect for the love.
  5. ATTWOOD ATTWOOD, 1 year ago
    I have exact same globe.I think you should keep it.It does look good with planes!
    Cheers Rose
  6. propjetelectra propjetelectra, 23 days ago
    Your Republic Thunderchief is gorgeous!
  7. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 23 days ago
    Thanks propjet, was going to sell it soon but trouble sending Canadian mail insured especially to the buyers in Europe. I guess it would have to be UPS carrier. I have one that is close to mint with the book it came.
  8. propjetelectra propjetelectra, 23 days ago
    In such beautiful condition it would fetch big $$$ (Canadian of course) on eBay!