Aristocrat High Finish 727

In Cards > Playing Cards > Show & Tell.
Playing Cards169 of 175Hippodrome Playing Cards"Tela de Araña" (spider's web) playing cards - made in Argentina

aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
Pop_abidesPop_abides likes this.

VintageArg…

Hello again, this deck was manufactured by Russell Playing Card Co., New York, USA. According find out the W in the ace of spades indicates it was manufactured in 1916, 1936 or 1956. I think the third is far more accurate, but I'm not sure. someone knows the numbers mean, in the ace of spades as the joker?, and something to say about the tax stamp? (does't look like some I saw on Internet). Thanks any ways, and thank you for watch and read.

Comments

1. aardvarkCards, 4 years ago
    Hello-I am no expert as I just started collecting myself, but that does not seem like a tax stamp. Rather it seems like a manufacturers seal. I would guess that these were manufactured shortly after the tax on playing cards was revoked (1965). I do not know how to be certain though..
  2. VintageArgentina VintageArgentina, 4 years ago
    Oh, ok, thanks!, I am guided by the W, like I said, maybe the box was made after? I have no idea...and, from New York to Argentina...maybe that fact has something to do...any ways, thank you so much!
  3. areliczone areliczone, 4 years ago
    I have a deck that sez K on the ace. What does that mean?
  4. VintageArgentina VintageArgentina, 4 years ago
    This is the link where you can see the list of dates corresponding to the differents letters, if you have a K, acording to this list, it could be from 1907, 1928, 1948, 1968 or 1988.
  5. Earl, 3 years ago
    Hi,

I was wondering if you have Aristocrat Back no2 and Back no3 for sale?

Thanks

Earl
  6. VintageArgentina VintageArgentina, 3 years ago
    Hi Earl, I'm sorry, it's not for sale.