1940's Susanne Manikin and a few Patterns 11 1/2" Tall

In Dolls > Composition Dolls > Show & Tell and Sewing > Sewing Patterns > Show & Tell.
Composition Dolls121 of 146This is what I call my "Gypsy" doll.Joanne Latexture 20" mannequin doll complete

AzTomAzTom loves this.
tombraidertombraider loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
TolovegoodTolovegood loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
BeauxPurdyBeauxPurdy loves this.
rocker-sdrocker-sd loves this.
ThriftyGypsyThriftyGypsy loves this.
vanskyock24vanskyock24 loves this.
DollMakerBarbDollMakerBarb loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel likes this.
Esther110Esther110 loves this.

Manikin

This 1940's very deco look little manikin is known as Susanne . She is marked back of upper leg Latexture . I have shown a few of her patterns and also the note that was with her from original owner with a bag of homemade clothes . She also has a dress makers stand to fit her clothes on while sewing .
These little Manikin dolls were used to teach girls to sew and used very little material. They were produced during WWII

Comments

1. Esther110 Esther110, 3 years ago
    Marty, do you have your mannequin dolls on display at home, or are they tucked away in their boxes?
    I really like your collection. Didn't even know they existed! Thanks again for sharing!!
  2. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Hi Esther I am delighted to share photo's of my mannequins , Those of us that collect them are also concerned about them being preserved and not thrown out when broke . We can repair them and keep these little treasures for the future generations to see . So much history with them . Several sets include patterns for nurses and one has an Ad " The War needs Nurses " So were they encouraging women and or young girls to become nurses to help in WWII . It seems clear they were . I keep out a few and others I keep in their boxes in a room that I can easily open them to see. Thanks for your encouraging me to keep sharing Esther . I have in recent yrs sold many of them as I wind down on active collecting .
  3. queenie24, 3 years ago
    Hi
    I need to get more patterns for susanne's Can't seem to find the ones I want.
    Where do you find themn.
  4. queenie24, 3 years ago
    I need to get more patterns for susanne's Can't seem to find the ones I want.
    Where do you find them. There are so many collectors that I had no idea.
  5. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    queenie I have collected for over 30 yrs . There are a lot of patterns that just say susanne on them . She can use fashiondol latexture ones although she is a bit smaller . How many do you have for susanne ?
  6. queenie24, 3 years ago
    Hi
    I have 302 and 301. 304-305-306-307-308-309 they are not complete. I cannot find them.
  7. queenie24, 3 years ago
    I do wish I could find them somewhere.

8. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Let me see what I have do care if they are copies ?
  9. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    The patterns you list are for the 15 inch SuZanne not the small Susanne . Do you have the 15 inch mannequin ? I have her posted also.
  10. queenie24, 3 years ago
    Yes I do have the 15" Do you have copies that I do not have and how could I get them.
  11. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    queenie I need to check my patterns ok . They are in a trunk upstairs so can you give me a day or two to check my numbers that you might not have ?
  12. queenie24, 3 years ago
    That would be great. I bought 2003-gown and only the bottom pieces are there.
    I keep getting patterns that are not complete. Great I check back to see your answer. Thanks!
  13. queenie24, 3 years ago
    I bought a susanne pattern 15" doll and have the same pattern in Fashiondol 12.5" They are the same size. What is the difference between susanne and suzanne
  14. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    The 15 inch Latexture SuZanne is 15 inch tall the Latexture SuSanne is tiny 12 in . They are both made by same company The way name is wrote on pattern the script of the Z and S are very similair in looks but the little Susanne as shown in this photo could never wear a 15 inch Suzanne pattern . Some of the patterns are similair as they are all made by Latexture Fashiondol . Some just have names for Marianne, Vivian but they are same ususually as the ones marked just fashiondol their names were just added to them . I have photo of patterns with this mannequin 1st is SuZanne and 2nd one is SuSanne see difference in the letters . One is for 15 in the other for 12 1/2 inch . I posted both but totally different sizes on patterns and not interchangeable . Does that help clear it up for you :-)
  15. queenie24, 3 years ago
    HI
    Can't find the pictures you posted but you description helped alot. thanks. Wish I could see the pictures
  16. queenie24, 3 years ago
    I want to get into repairing the dolls and bringing them back to luster. I have to find out what to use and take a cource in air brushing.
  17. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Look at the 2 pattterns that are on this post Queen . If you see the mannequin it is 4th photo on this post , It takes a long time to learn doll repair . My best friend who was my mentor owned a repair shop along with an antique and collectible doll shop. he did it for over 35 yrs . I have worked with him that long he is a master I am not :-) He taught classes after closing shop to a small group of local people . He no longer teaches it . What state are you in as he knows people from all over US I might be able to give you a name that teaches it . Now go back and look at the 2 patterns at top of this page ok :-)
  18. queenie24, 3 years ago
    Hi
    I'm in Pa.
  19. queenie24, 3 years ago
    Hi
    Have a merry Christmas!
  20. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Merry Chirstmas to you ! I did not forget you my friend it out of town . Did you see the manikin I am restoring ? I just finished her and will post Pics in AM . If you click on my name you can see all my posts. She turned out wonderful but you have to see before pics :-)
  21. queenie24, 3 years ago
    Wow, It's heard to believe the before and after. You did a fantastic job. What did you use to repair the doll. What composition material did you use? Was there a rod in the arm before you started? You did such a wonderful job. You're very good at this. did you find a name for me to call in finding out how to repair compositions.
  22. queenie24, 3 years ago
    Hi
    ya never answered my last question?
  23. queenie24, 3 years ago
    HI
    peggy's arm had a crack and now broke into two parts. Close to the extension that goes into the hole of the body. What do I use to repair composition.
  24. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thank you AdelBee ! And Thank you all I missed when I first posted I am sorry I didn't thank you I must have been asleep at the wheel here :-)
  25. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago