Top Kick Bank

In Coin Operated > Still Banks > Show & Tell.
Still Banks104 of 165Red "Demon" Squirrel BankMail Box Bank

officialfuelofficialfuel likes this.
kerry10456kerry10456 likes this.
cindyjunecindyjune likes this.

smittyboy
(1 item)

This is a Top Kick (piggy) Bank that was given to me by a family member many years ago (30-40 years ago). Does anyone have any information about where this bank came from, who or what does it represent. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Top Kick refers to the 1st Sergeant in Army or Marines . Brown is Army so likely Army , Top kick is nickname given to a 1st Sergeant . Hope this helps . He is just a character figure and does represent anyone person . I guess just a mad 1st Sergeant :-) He is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing him .
  2. smittyboy, 3 years ago
    Thanks Manakin. Now I know what it represents I just have to find out where it came from, who made it or how my family member may have obtained it. Maybe it was sold on a military base?
  3. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Here is one that just sold. To low I think but they did not know year either .
    Oh I meant to say he did not represent a single person Just a crabby 1 st Sergeant
    He is unique and a keeper .
  4. smittyboy, 3 years ago
    Thanks again! I contacted the seller to see what they know about it. I've never seen another one and you found one in a few hours. I'm impressed! You're good!
  5. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Your very welcome and glad you might make contact with owner of the other and they can give some history on theirs . Fingers crossed for you Smitty :-)
  6. Sgtkito1931, 3 years ago
    Hello!! I was so happy to see the same bank I have. My dad sent it to my Grandpa when he was stationed in Germany. That was in 1951 I have been trying to take a picture of it but my phone is not cooperating! If you want to e mail me I will send you a picture!!
  7. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    wow smitty sgt is able to put a year to it and maybe give you more info ! Great news . Waiting to see if more helpful info comes your way from sgt !
  8. smittyboy, 3 years ago
    Sgtkito1931 thanks for the info. The family member who gave me the bank was also in Europe. He was there a few years earlier in the early 40s during WW2. I'm getting closer to finding out about Sgt Top Kick. Thanks again.