Spanish Whimsical Chess Set

In Games > Chess Sets > Show & Tell.
Chess Sets75 of 89Brass/Verdigris Chess Set2009-chess acadamy voice computer chess game.

aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
tom61375tom61375 loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
dollybelldollybell loves this.
DJSundropDJSundrop loves this.
lisalisa loves this.

jwendell222

Spanish whimsical hand painted wood figures depicting a bullfight, white & yellow/black & red. Featuring matadors, Spanish ladies, picadors, and fierce bulls as the knights. Kings 3 1/2", pawns 2".
No history (as usual) on this set. It may have been chewed on at one time by a small child or puppy, but still, none the worse for wear.
Obvious hand assembly and finish, so probably not too many made.
If you have seen a set like this, I'd love to hear from you.
jwendell222@aol.com

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Hi these look like Chess pieces to me ? Is that possible .
    Neat item and thanks for sharing
  2. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Oh sorry I just saw you knew it was a Chess set in title I missed that :-(
  3. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Here is your Chess set it says it is from 50's . Scroll down page to see it under toy chess sets .You are missing some of the men . Hope this helps you :-)
  4. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    It is called bullfighter set
  5. jwendell222, 3 years ago
    Manikin, you are a jewel, thank you so much for the research and reply. This is about as good as it gets, finding a set in a museum. Actually, I have the whole set, just posted one of each piece per side (to get larger photo size with more detail). The museum is a site I had not found, and plan to scan it cover to cover.
    If I find another of my sets there I will be sure to let you know, Again, thank you very much for yout time and help.
  6. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago