My Rare Out Of Print Horizon Magazine Collection

In Paper > Magazines > Show & Tell.
Magazines340 of 413The Harley-Davidson Bullenton March 1914GOLFing The National Golfers Magazine  May 1954

bratjddbratjdd loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.

Ilikeart

Horizon was a magazine published in the United States from 1958-1989.
Originally published by American Heritage as a bi-monthly hardback.
Horizon was subtitled A Magazine Of The Arts. In 1978 Boone Inc. bought the magazine which continued to cover the arts.Publication ceased in March 1989.

Comments

1. Ilikeart Ilikeart, 3 years ago
    AR8Jason, I understand that you have several of the Horizon Magazines in your collection;May I ask you how did you get them? I aquired mind from a Thirft Store.I happen to be looking through a couple of them and I liked some of the Art stories and pictures. Some of the stories were written by popular writters.
  2. Ilikeart Ilikeart, 3 years ago
    Hello AR8Jason, I thank you for the exchange in information and the sharing of our like interests.When it comes to collecting books, I have gone overboard.
    I have collected just about over 300 different books with little effort; I imagine it is because I enjoy reading, I think I may have become addictive.
  3. Ilikeart Ilikeart, 3 years ago
    AR8Jason, the types of books I have been collecting mostly are also art books, specifically those with plates.I also have a nice collection of books on antiques and collecting.Well, my wife isn't into collecting, though I have been trying to get her interested.I have been thinking about collecting cook books, I already have two that I like.
  4. Ilikeart Ilikeart, 3 years ago
    AR8Jason, I would like for you to know that I had no knowledge of photograveure books or art prints; Thanks for sharing.You said your wife collects cook books;I discovered I have in my collection a cook book title, "Amy Vanderbilt's Complete Cook Book."
  5. Ilikeart Ilikeart, 3 years ago
    AR8Jason, I read that one of the first true cook books was printed in, 1798 title, "Amelia Simmons American Cookery."
  6. Ilikeart Ilikeart, 3 years ago
    Thank you AR8Jason, I didn't know.
  7. Ilikeart Ilikeart, 3 years ago
    O.K., AR8Jason, See, you are not playing fair,you throwed me a low curve ball.
    That was a good one!I was about to research this too see what I could find.Now do you know why the little moron placed a ladder on the side of his house?
  8. Ilikeart Ilikeart, 3 years ago
    AR8Jason, not quite, it was because he heard drinks were on the house.LOL.
  9. Ilikeart Ilikeart, 6 months ago