Vintage Weiss Marked Brooch

In Costume Jewelry > Weiss Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Weiss Costume Jewelry15 of 21Vintage Stamped Weiss Butterfly Brooch Vintage Maltese Cross signed on back Weiss

antiqueroseantiquerose loves this.
Firefox7275Firefox7275 loves this.
oldhippeeoldhippee loves this.
vanskyock24vanskyock24 loves this.
BeauxPurdyBeauxPurdy loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
CinnaMommaCinnaMomma loves this.
vintagemadvintagemad loves this.

Manikin

Vintage stamped Weiss brooch. The sparkle and colors don't show up as well on photo . Love the color and center is like a star cut and shows the colors of a rainbow when turned . The center stone is in a pyramid shape and has a point on end capped with metal pin .

Comments

1. thriftfan thriftfan, 3 years ago
    Nice colors, bet it really sparkles in person!
  2. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    FineLines what does Japanned mean ? It is clearly marked Weiss . Look at photo of back . I will try and take closer one ok
  3. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Thank you thrift,bellin and fine ! for the love
  4. CinnaMomma CinnaMomma, 3 years ago
    Beautiful - I can envision it on a black blazer - Manikin, i think "japanned" means the metal is black in color? Someone correct me if that is wrong...
  5. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Thanks Cinna ! Is that what it "japanned " means ? I have no idea it isn't black it is silver and fully marked weiss I still wonder what she meant ? Hm ? Beats me it is stunning in person and brooches are back in style I think :-))
  6. RottenVintage RottenVintage, 3 years ago
    Japanned means when metal is finished in a black laquer... Nothing to do with the maker. In the photo the metal looks black, but from what you say is silver :) Weiss made a number of japanned pieces in thier time.
  7. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Thank you Rotten . Yes it is darker than my other Weiss jewelry I guess I would not say it was black more a Pewter color . But I see difference from others . I appreciate the explanation and it makes sense now . It is marked Weiss and the photo does not show the brilliant different cut to stones they are far more superior in cut than my other Weiss . Thanks again :-)
  8. oldhippee, 3 years ago
    OMG! this one is Wonderful! I am liking seeing all this great vintage jewerly!!! thanks!
  9. Firefox7275, 2 years ago
    They are Swarovski margarita crystals possibly in effect bermuda blue: lovely piece.
  10. antiquerose antiquerose, 9 months ago
    love, love, love it !!!!
  11. Manikin Manikin, 8 months ago
    Thank you antiquerose ! I appreciate it :-)